Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Buying a flat in Ulldecona, Catalonia (Read 1196 times)
Gerald1
Ex Member

Buying a flat in Ulldecona, Catalonia
Jun 7th, 2017 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I’ve had a quick browse on several forums including this one and I can see that I need to be very careful about buying my first property in Spain due to the way the law works and all the fallout seemingly caused by the 2008 crash.

As per the topic title, I am looking to buy a flat in Ulldecona. I would be very grateful if someone with a knowledge of properties in this area would tell me/recommend:

•A good lawyer
•The rough cost of legal fees/translating the legal documents, including the Contract, into English (I do not speak Spanish)
•A good estate agent
•Fees payable to the estate agent
•Taxes payable
•Forms of home ownership – is the flat likely to be freehold/leasehold?
•If it is likely to be leasehold, what are the other associated costs. Is it the same as in the UK, whereby you pay ground rent, management fees, etc. to the freeholder/management company?
•I have bought and sold property in the UK – what are the main differences between buying in the UK and buying in Spain, which I need to be aware of?
•Any other points/issues

Any help will be greatly appreciated and hopefully I can recommend this website to my friends in the future.

Regards.

IP Logged

Ginagee
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Re: Buying a flat in Ulldecona, Catalonia
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Get a good Abogado  (Lawyer) Learn the language and most importantly property here is not bought on the presumption of making a profit!! Good Luck

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top