Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
ITE buildings inspection (Read 3267 times)
mariannaanddaniel
Ex Member

ITE buildings inspection
Aug 9th, 2017 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Hi there,

I have spotted an article in a paper about ITE which is like ITV tax but for houses and has recently been introduced. Apparently this inspection needs to be done every 10 years on houses older than 50 years. There are a variety of deadlines- our house is over 100 years so the deadline was last December - a couple of weeks after we bought the house but nothing at all was mentioned to us at the time by estate agents.
Has anybody gone through the process? A bit worried about 9000 euro fine...

Thanks!

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: ITE buildings inspection
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:43am
Print Post  
What another way of taking money?
I don't think that the estate agents are to blame for not giving out the information, when you bought the property.
They may or may not pass on such information to buyers.
It is a lawyer who checks everything. If you used an INDEPENDENT then I would have expected them to have told you, about the taxes etc.
Maybe you can update your post when you get more information for other members, please.

IP Logged

mariannaanddaniel
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Yes Rita, it's very annoying especially as the info is not particularly clear though the webpage for ITE is pretty comprehensive so I think we'll send them an enquiry.
It's just surprising that since this law has been in development since 2011-12 I would've thought that somebody would've had to go through with this, none of my friends have though...
I got in touch with our gestor who says that this hasn't yet properly been implemented yet hence the scary newspaper articles. In our case it's probably a good idea to get this done as we want to know more about the structure and safety, so 250 euros for inspection might be well spent but who knows  Roll Eyes
Thanks!

IP Logged

rayo

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Quick bit of research suggests it only applies in towns or areas(?) of 25,000 or more inhabitants.
Worth checking this though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top