Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
UK tv (Read 2664 times)
Cariad

Forum newbie

UK tv
Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Has anyone ever used the  907 system from  britsat. ? I want  UK tv without the hugh dish. At the moment I dont have internet .what is the best.set.up to have
Any ideas welcome.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: UK tv
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Don’t think you will be able to get anything without having internet first and that offers a good speed and service to your area.

(Hope that you are both keeping well).

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
I think I know what you mean,I also at some point am hoping to use this ,i think you need to be looking for what they call BBC setback ,I think it is called that ! its a sat which still has the BBC programs on,but for some time has had a uncertain future you should be able to get this with a 1 meter dish.
you also need a sat box capable of receiving and decoding  the signal  and imputing a code which you could get for free of the net, I know this was still working last year, but I haven't looked into it lately ,Nigel will know more about this satellite ,I dont think installers would recommend  this though,due to the uncertain future ,still the whole set up should still be fairly cheap and there are other sats up there to watch  English speaking channels.
Also you know that through your TV you can change allot of the programs back to English speaking ,if they were originally spoken in English.
Hope this Helps
Phil

IP Logged

phoebedog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Hi Caridad
Have sent you a pm

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 8:52am
Print Post  
You don't need an internet connection for this system.

The system is called BBC SatBack and is a satellite back up for the UK terrestrial system. It is NOT an official service and may disappear at any time.

It is encrypted with a system called BISS. Up until a couple of years ago the encryption keys were changed roughly every 3 months but as it is a relatively weak encryption the keys were crackable and made available within a very short time. There were rumours the encryption system would change to something more secure but nothing has happened yet.

Bear in mind that it could disappear at any time.

The channels available are all BBC, ITV1, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Film4+1 plus the BBC radio stations. No EPG (electronic program guide).

The satellite can be received on a 1M dish. The decoder needs to be capable of BISS key encryption and work at a SR of 44100 - SKY boxes are NOT capable of either of these.  The most common box is an IceCrypt 1600 but other boxes are known to work.

I've installed loads of these if you are interested.

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top