Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
land clearence (Read 1978 times)
dwt111
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

land clearence
May 17th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Hi, I am considering buying some overgrown land I wondered if anybody has had experience of land clearance, for example cost. Land area is approx 28000 sq m been left for years. I appreciate some you can do yourself with a burning licence.Land does not need to be cultivated. just cleared. I would keep trees etc, just all the scrub need clearing away. Also any advice on to how to go about clearance.

Any advice appreciated.

IP Logged

PaulH

the hills are alive

Re: land clearence
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2018 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Depends on access & if terraced for a tracked machine which would cost loads but a cow horn strimmer with blade would do the job slowly but surely, make sure it's a good make, cost 500+ min.
Good luck.

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
for scrub, expecially if you have huge rosemary (they can be up to 2 meters) i would advise a saw-like blade like this:

http://www.red-mountain.eu/en/products/detail/RM04-50254

The red-mountain blade is very good but you can also buy some look-alike blades at the chinese shops. They will not last as long as the red-mountain but are much cheaper.

Beware to do a first run about 10 cm above the ground so you won't hit to much stones. Then remove the stones and do another run just above the ground. In my experience you will have to redo the land every 2-3 years to avoid it will be overgrown again.

Good luck,
Mark

IP Logged

StoneMasonMike
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
P.m sent

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1