Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
autónomo / sole trader / cooperativa (Read 1814 times)
Lupin
Ex Member

autónomo / sole trader / cooperativa
Jun 25th, 2018 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Hi. Does anyone have experience of working as an autónomo?
(I have done a lot of reading re set up and Social Security/tax obligations etc - am looking for more personal experiences of viability)

Also, does anyone have experience of billing through a cooperativa to share costs?

Thanks

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: autónomo / sole trader / cooperativa
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Yes. I'm autonomo and have been for the last 11years.

You will pay (currently) 275 euros a month in social security payments and if you pay in for enough years you get a pension - you pay this irrespective of whether you earn any money or not. You aren't eligible for any unemployment benefit or sickness benefits of any form.  I believe there is a scheme at the moment where you pay less for the first few months - a gestor would be able to advise.

You should go to a gestor and they will register you with the tax office as autonomo. You will then be required to file quarterly accounts and vat (IVA) returns.

I use a gestor for everything as it's much easier that way and they are up to date with current legislation/rules etc.

Nigel

IP Logged

Lupin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Thanks Nigel,

Yes, it seems very similar to France, unfortunately. The costs are a little prohibitive when starting out tho I know there are reductions for the first couple of years.

I am reading about the possibility of billing through a cooperativa and wondered if anyone had experience of that.

IP Logged

Lupin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 10:33am
Print Post  
OK scratch that. I've just found a series of articles in Spanish on the campaign by the Ministerio de Empleo y Seguridad Social against Factoo and other coops.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top