Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Ryanair strike (Read 303 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Ryanair strike
Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Ryanair cabin crew in Spain plan to strike for 48 hours.
July 25 - 26

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Re: Ryanair strike
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Ryanair pilots also have taken strike action. this results in planes being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Ryanair then blame non existent storms and divert flights as they need the plane elsewhere.  We were diverted to Girona as Reus had a massive, ( Non existent storm), Angry and passengers had been delayed leaving Girona. Angry
Last Monday we flew to Palma from Barcelona, we had 5 gate changes and a 2.5 hour delay due to storms in Palma. We have family in Palma, Cool there were no storms. Cool we were delayed on our return flight as we had to wait for a plane to come from somewhere else, according to the announcements.  Angry  in other words you will wait whilst we try to cut corners.
Cheap flights are great when they go and arrive on time, otherwise they are worthless.
Today Ryanair said that passengers should check in 3 hours before the flight time and be at the gate 1 hour before departure. They don't know themselves what gate they are using 10 mins before departure so why bother arriving early.
They are now blaming A.T.C., late slot allowances and adverse weather conditions expected in September. (more Knowledge than the Met Office)
They pay pilots and staff peanuts so they get pushed to the back of the service queue. We are merely the cattle they need to move.  If you do not buy the extra priority Boarding, which means you get to the destination as fast as everyone else, then you cannot take your tiny cabin baggage on board with you.
This is rubbish as I was carrying a small holdall and my wife's small suitcase on wheels. I was told her case had to go in the hold for free, fine said I, they then saw her with walking difficulties and her foot heavily bandaged, and hey presto we can take all luggage on board and board as free priority.
My advice arrive at the airport 1 hour before departure with cabin bag only then saunter to the departure gate and board with everyone else who have been waiting 5 hours, or be delayed with everyone else. At least your hanging around time will be more bearable.
Rant over.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top