Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Schools advice (Read 1498 times)
lizzy_j
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Schools advice
Oct 4th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Hi we plan on making the move over for good in july2019 to tortosa  my question or advice im after is we have 8 year old and 6year old (ADHD) and 1 year old twins . School wise any suggestions they dont speak spanish yet but plan on spending 3 months learning before hand . Will it be free or do you have to pay for it ? And is there schools that can speak abit of English.  Thanks for looking .

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Schools advice
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
The school will give them extra Catalan lessons, normally when the other children are in their religion classes. It may confuse them to learn Spanish beforehand as although there is supposed to be free choice of the language you want your children to be taught in, in reality it will be Catalan. The extra classes are free.

Your children will automatically be allocated places in the nearest school. There will be an English teacher there but it's unlikely it will be an English person. They will try to help out as much as they can. The level of English of other teachers may or may not be very high as it's not a requirement for a teaching post.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Re: Schools advice
Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Hi
My info is old now(13 years ago) but when we moved into a small village and enrolled the children(a big help for the school too as they need the numbers) the school went all out with intensively teaching them Catalan for the first six and 12 months. They took our teens in for six months and then moved them to the nearest high school and all the kids in school ended up getting the language very quickly. It may be a little different in the big city : ) but I'm sure they'll do all they can to help.
Bruixot
James

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top