Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Washing machine for generator (Read 1406 times)
dijs5152
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Washing machine for generator
Dec 17th, 2018 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Goodmorning members, I would like some advice of buying a washing machine which works on a generator with AVR system.

- type and mark
-which shop would you advise
-what are your experiences.

Rob

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Re: Washing machine for generator
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Hi Rob,

I tried to run a modern washing machine on a Honda inverter generator (recommanded for sensitive equipment) but it did not work Sad

So I did go an alternative way. The power consumption of a washing machine comes mostly from warming up the water. I now feed the washing mashine with the warm-water heater we use for the shower (on butano). By doing this the washing machine is using very little electric power (only for engine-cycles) and so I can run it from the batteries now.

15 minutes after the wash-proram started i switch the warm water off, and put the cold water back on (no need for warm rinse water so this saves butano). Ofcourse this system only works for low temperature washing programs as the water heater wil produce water of about 55 degrees max.

Good luck,
Mark

IP Logged

munkonminor

Re: Washing machine for generator
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Rob
I would suggest you buy one, if possible, with a mechanical switch/timer, the electronics generally don't like a genny supply. We got around 12 years service from our last machine and have just replaced it with a new one with minimal electronic controls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top