Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
car insurance (Read 4267 times)
Ria
Ex Member

car insurance
Jan 13th, 2019 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
We are just in the proces to switch over our dutch car to a Spanish license plate. Does have anybody suggestions about a good and affordable car insurance. Please let me know.
Ria

IP Logged

Francisco
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Re: car insurance
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2019 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Hola Ria,
Our Insurance company is: Liberty Seguros; we pay for a four wheel drive 287 euro a year.
We had the same company in Portugal where it was good. In Spain we don't know yet.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
I can verify that Liberty are a good company. I've had to make a claim and they handled it very well.
I go through Sammy Thomas who are efficient and helpful.

IP Logged

StoneMasonMike
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I just swapped over to using Sammy Thomas,saved €150

IP Logged

Ria
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Hola,
I am new to the forum, after my request for a car insurance, I didn’t check for response anymore after a week, so hence a late response from my side. Thanks for the information  Smileyand I’m going to check on Sammy Thomas for a car insurance.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
I used Linea Directa, the same as Direct Line in the U.K., But a lot cheaper.
The good news was my premiums went down every year for the 5 years I was living there and using my English Citroen C5 Tourer, which I re-registered to Spanish plates.
When I returned to the U.K. and switched the registration to English the insurance companies in England would not recognise my 5 years in Spain so wiped out my maximum no claims bonus.
There is a saying, " Rip off Britain", Well it´s right.
Get directa Linea on the phone they will speak English if you ask.
You will find it difficult to beat the price.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Linea Directa refused to pay out to me on a technicality that 3 solicitors agreed did not apply in my case. All 3 also said that they would not take on my case as "Linea Directa use the most powerful solicitors and will fight every case until the plaintiff runs out of money". I went to the wonderfully flash EU funded ombudsman in Tortosa who laughed and told me I was wasting my time.
Hope you never have a claim and you can see why their prices are lower. As Mr Spooner would say, "a crunch of books".

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2019 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
I will NEVER use Linea Directa again. I made a claim as the wind blew my gate off its track, bent the gate and broke the wheels off - according to them it was a defect in the gate.

Also the wind totally destroyed my greenhouse - they said it wasn't covered as it wasn't bolted to the house.

I changed when I had to renew.

Good luck with any claims..

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2019 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Everyone should remember it is the job of the insurance companies to avoid paying any money out and increase the money coming in.
Insurance companies are insured themselves to cover large payouts to large policy holders.  Small policies,such as car owners or householders, are not the bread and butter for them, merely a source of income.
The detail is always in the small print, the very small print, and failure to fully understand that small print is almost always the reason for non payment. That is the insurance companies get out of jail free card.
I have never made an insurance claim, thankfully, and as the insurance companies still use foolish protection as Act of God I only buy insurance which is required by law. Everything else I pay for myself with the money I saved by not paying insurance companies.
In the U.K. now there are 2 in 5 motorists with no insurance so I always check the small  print to ensure cover includes damage from non insured drivers, but there are always loop holes for clever companies.
My son, driving a lorry, had a car swing across the road directly into the front of his lorry in a suicide bid.
The car driver acheived his aim and was killed on impact and was also 5 times over the drug drive limit with cannabis. It took 2 years before the car drivers insurance accepted liability.
My sons legal team estimate another 2 years before the case will be settled. Luckily my son learnt to walk again but has never been in a lorry since. The insurers now are trying to avoid the future loss of earnings payment which is substantial for a 40 year old proffessional driver.
It´s nice  to know that at least one company will be paying out.
Rant over.

IP Logged

Ria
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Hello all, finally we ended up with orange insurances.
we pay now €210 per year for our peugeot 207  the cover consists of liability insurance, theft, glass, totall loss, road assistance, screen damage and fire. So I think it is not bad. And the policy for me in Dutch. You can choose the language you want, very handy.
By the way, the caixa bank would have charged €315 for less cover than we have now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top