Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
17th August, Music festival for Progat (Read 165 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

17th August, Music festival for Progat
Aug 6th, 2019 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
       Tortosa  and  Bob  Dylan
     =================

In 1963  Bob  Dylan  recorded his song  -  "The Times are a Changing" - my  favouriite song. 

Well  now - we are well into the 2nd millenium A.D.  The citizens - governments and town halls are waking up at last - to the fact that we have to save and care for all animals and forests - trees and plants - and   oceans - rivers and their deltas - etc - on our wonderful planet. 

So the times are a changing  - So we have to wake up to this fact!

But my question is - "Who has not woken up - yet"?  The answer is - the town hall of Tortosa.  Because they  still refuse to fulfill their responsibity  (according to the law) to financially help Progat in their great work  in Tortosa.  Since  2004 Progat  (a handfull of volunteers - mostly women)  has been sterilizing stray cats and providing shelters and feeding them  at their own expense - which is no small job!

It might be useful to remind the present town hall of what happened after the creation of Tortosa's  great social/cultural  movement  - the Plataforma en Defenca del Ebre  - fighting to save  the  river flow in the  River  Ebro and it's Delta.  Well because the then town hall  resisted this social movement  -  it was then ousted at  the next elections. 

It has  happened  once in contemporary times and it can happen again.

The present town hall regards  Progat as a group of  "tontos" doing "tonterias".  Well - my point of view - is that they need to seriously  reflect on their  non-action   -  and change their behaviour  and abide by the law and financially help Progat in sterilizing stray cats - which of course has to be paid for - and  providing shelters and food.

Let's not forget the disaster of  closing down Arca in Tortosa - to sell it off  to a foreign company - and what happened to some - if not all of the poor dogs?

Personally  speaking  Progat and  IHAD/ISAR (Pennnsylvania - U.S.A.)  have changed my life!  Before last year  the idea/concept  of ANIMAL RIGHTS never occurred to me.

Then we had stray cats in our front garden and Progat came and solved the problem.  Then I was scratching my head - thinking how I could help Progat to have more money  for their great  work  - and the idea came to me - to organize a musical festival - consequentally  I discovered  IHAD/ISAR and the rest is history.

So our 2nd Musical Festival for Progat will be on the 17th of August at  LO FORN DE CANONJA - C/ Taules Velles, 5 ,  Tortosa at   8 p.m.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE

Bronson  Shaw - resident in Mig Cami Tortosa  - since 1987

IP Logged

phoebedog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: 17th August, Music festival for Progat
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Any more details of the music festival please.
Styles performers etc

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: 17th August, Music festival for Progat
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Just found some info.
Flanagans.
La Moto del Monaguilo.
Kaktus.