Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Currency exchanging (Read 4894 times)
nobrot
Ex Member

Currency exchanging
Jun 7th, 2005 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
For any one changing £/€ in large amounts,open up accounts with 2 or more currency firms and play them of against each other for the best rate.They all want your business and  just a few points of a cent increase on each euro bought can mean a couple more thousand in your pocket on the purchase of a property.Stick your neck out and be cheeky,it's worth it.

IP Logged

ZEB
Ex Member

Re: Currency exchanging
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 8:26am
Print Post  
hi ,
could you recommend any exchangers ?
how much and how easy is it to open an account ?

many thanks
zeb

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Zeb,

www.currencysolutions.co.uk ask for Kaz (I think)
www.currencies.co.uk ; 01494 725353 ask for Tom Holian

It really is so easy,phone them up and ask to open an account,this may take a day or two and involves passport photos and a utility bill.
When your account is open,it remains yours and you can use it whenever you want,don’t be pressurised into doing a deal there and then.
www.xe.com is a benchmark as to how the pound/euro is doing so get your figures before you ask.Remember,these guys are paid on commission so they want your business,using this info you can play one off against the other for the best deal.we have saved at least 2 thousand euros this year on various deals.Foreign currencies (Tom Holian) have a deal going whereby they will transfer your money into your Spanish bank free,this takes about a week longer,it can save you 3- 6% in Spanish bank charges,(remember ,Spanish banks make charges on amounts going in to your account),the currency firms do make a small charge for the tranfer over.
Mine’s a Gin and Tonic….

Ian

IP Logged

ZEB
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2005 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
hi ian,
thanks for your help
when we move out there (aldover) we hope
i'll look you up and get you that gin and tonic