Only in Spain ! (Read 1232 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Only in Spain !
Sep 10th, 2005 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I've just come home from the 'Festes de la Cinta' after going and watching the 'Sortida del XXII Correfoc de les Terres de L'Ebre'

Well, NEVER EVER EVER in England!! is an understatement.  It's a pyromaniacs dream come true, and an absolutely fantastic spectacle!

Basically it's the fire walk of the bands and dragons and devils (yes, Dragons and devils) from the Plaza Espanya (the town square) all along Generalitat (the main street through Tortosa). 

A spectacle of bands of drummers, large models of dragons, devils and even a bull!  and fireworks - yes, fireworks in the street, mainly held in the 'performers' hands and on ends of their Devils forks.. oh, and being Spain, no barriers or general concerns for public safety whatsoever - loads of people get showered with sparks from all the fireworks...yes, I do have a few singed hairs on my head and arms..

If you missed it this year and you want to see something you'll probably never forget then I suggest you make it next year!

You can see some photos (not mine) of a previous event here http://www.spanien-katalonien.info/fotos_corre/01_diable.html

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top