Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tortosa Airport ? (Read 2900 times)
ted
Ex Member

Tortosa Airport ?
Jun 18th, 2005 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
I have just seen an advert in our local English newspaper for property in Catalunya, it stated that there was an airport "under construction" in Tortosa.

Anyone else heard about this ?

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Tortosa Airport ?
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
??? I think that might be artistic licence. Tortosa is half the size of Blackpool airport. I think they are getting confused with the planned expansion of Reus.

IP Logged

ted
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2005 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
There maybe some confusion but the same ad' mentioned Reus, Barcelona & Valencia along with Tortosa.

IP Logged

simonandjane
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2005 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
A new airport is under construction near torreblanca, north of castellon de plana. Should be finished for the americas cup in valencia in a couple of years time

We came through the airport at Reus two weeks ago, looks like it  is nearly finished, does anyone know if new routes will be added from the UK ?

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Just found this,not near Tortosa but near enough Plenty of numbers and measurements for the brainiacs

Castellon Costa Azahar Airport, located in the area of Vilanova d'Alcolea, will have a 2,700 metres runway that can be extended to 4,000 metres and the installations will include 60,000 metres of parking, and a 9,000 square metres terminal to handle 2 million passengers a year.

The new airport will be connected to the A-7 motorway through a fast lane leading to the most important tourism centres in the north of Castellon province.

A motorway will connect Castellon city with the Airport, and the Cabanes-Oropesa highway will enable access to the "Dream World" future theme park.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top