Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 any motorbike riders? (Read 5807 times)
john_and_angela

any motorbike riders?
Nov 29th, 2005 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Does anyone out there ride a motorbike? John and I have a Triumph bike and we organise ride-outs here. Would anyone be interested in joining us on ride-outs when we move out there? Or would anyone be interested in forming a club?

IP Logged

Jurgen-Ingrid
Ex Member

Re: any motorbike riders?
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
i ride and would perhaps be interested in 1 or both
we'll have to buy/build a house first though Wink

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Hi
Yes I ride a Honda Goldwing 1800 which I will be bringing over to my place in Bitem later on this year.
I am always willing to ride anywhere thats hot.
steve

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Hi John/Angela yes bikes are another of my passions ,I have nearly four of them All in the state of hibernation/waiting for me to find more time for fun! they are 1978 Kawasaki KH 400 ,a 1980 Kawasaki Z750 a Kawasaki Z650 in bits and the one I seem to spend the most of what spare time is a ? Yamaha DT 175 MX which I am slowly building up from a few bits I was given many years ago I always wanted one of these but the learner laws changed the year when I should have been able to jump onto a 250 1982 so enden up with a 125 wet dream,sorry Nigel! Super Dream I wanted a 125 LC but they were 21BHP  at that time so  thats why I got the Honda but I always loved Kawasaki and still do,anyway one I too would love to meet for a Sunday ride out I used to go up to Devels Bridge @Kirby Lonsdale  the Tea van is still there and still gt loads of bikers there most weekend of the year sorry to rant on and onthey were  good old days
All the best Phil Martin
Skipton
North Yorks

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2006 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Once we sell our house in England, Pondgirl is allowing me to upgrade to a BMW 1200GS. Had a test ride last week, which proved it is the right way to go.  Smiley PB

IP Logged

zzrboy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2006 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
I am planning bringing my 1200 Bandit to Spain in a couple of weeks. We have an apartment in Vinaros so not too far to "commute", although we won't be resident for a while yet. (kids at university)
Always interested in a ride out & pass the time of day though. I will keep an eye out through the forum, hopefully catch up with a few of you over the summer.

IP Logged

ZEB
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2006 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
hi everyone,
i notice that you are all talking about road bikes.
is there any off road men/women.
not scrambling as many might think.
we are in trials country. well we will be soon.
i have a gas  gas (that's the bike) not an ailment,
and would like to hear from any other riders who
dabble. i am just a novice but really enjoy it. well at my age!
maybe a trials club is in the offing.
norman

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2006 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Hello Norman,
  I have a Bultaco currently being restored ,  I would be interested in a ride around tracks , when we are permanent. Do you have place at present with suitable inclines / descents, where are you located ?
Regards Phil.

IP Logged

ZEB
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2006 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
hi phil,
we are between mas de barberans and roquetes
and are renovating at present
hope to be out there for good this year  Roll Eyes
loads of land to mess around on
what age is the old bult then ?
my brother and i rode them years ago as well as old bantams and tiger cubs
maybe i should get rid of the new and buy old again
but these new bikes are just so light (and reliable)
hope to hear from you soon
regards
norman

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2006 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Hello Norman,
Bultaco is early seventies, when in Tortosa bike shop last year he had same bike in different colour, for sale.
Allthough not rusty like english bike would be,  it was completely clapped out. He wanted high price as well , so we could not do a deal in end ! Last time we looked shop had been cleared out , to make way for modern bikes.
Trials bike would seem to be ideal for going up and down barranc, but then I suppose that's what they where originally designed for !  :
Will nead to find out tank range though, as would not want to run out of fuel, as we are miles from any garage, not good in the heat.

IP Logged

Pondboy
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 8th, 2006 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Once we settle in I would like to get a small offroader to go up into Els Ports park, etc.  from our place near Mas de Barberans on the Barranc de Lloret.

Last week I succumbed to the lure of a 1200GS Beemer and should take delivery at the end of June. I know I could use that, but I'd prefer to ride off road on something that won't make my wallet wince when I drop it.

Our planning approval has been granted and we are hoping to complete our property purchase before the end of the May.  Smiley

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I have just got my gsxr over, great fun, apart from the total lack of any grip whatsoever in Tortosa - the polished concrete had my front and back sliding scarily . . .  I also have a trx quad for off road and am thinking of getting a little Honda XR for proper off roading - I am up for going out for rides but in the heat it needs to be briskish just to keep cool !

I think it is illegal to ride off road in the Parc des Ports but there are plenty of "roads" that would keep all but the most mentalist motocrosser happy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top