Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 TRY IT (Read 17994 times)
nobrot
Ex Member

Re: TRY IT
Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
On a similar subject,does anyone know if there are crayfish in the river and can they be eaten...???

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2006 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
SmileyHello again Nobrot, yes there are crayfish in the river and lots of them, they're a bloody nuisance!! The downside is you cannot catch enough of them to make a meal. The place where we have actually seen lots of  them is at Riba-roca at the inlet where they hire the boats out, above the dam.That's if you feel inclined to row your bath up there!

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2006 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Hi Nelson
Thanks for that.

Ian

IP Logged

catman1
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
hi roswell
how has the road kill gone so far. hope your not trying to run things down mate if there is nohting about . that article you seen do you still have a copy. have attched a picture of an 80 kilo fish we caught on the delta

john_record_three_pics1.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Catman,

No great news to report, I suspect all the available roadkill is being gobbled up by some of the more enterprising immigrants....I swear I saw one brandishing "The Roadkill Cookery Handbook" so may have to resort to lowering my already terrible driving standards . . . .   Wink

Plus, as it is wintertime, fishing does not seem like fishing, I miss all my Mossie mates eating me alive, the constant threat of sunstroke, "interesting" smells.....and we all know there is nothing worth catching at this time of year now dont we ? http://www.tortosaforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1166296917

"Flat Cat Fishing Enterprises"

IP Logged

elfitis
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
I use quater carcases ..... infact ive had cats on halfs ..... huge baits normally deter smaller fish but if they do move in then you just get taps for ages untill a biggun moves in.

I'm going to try a whole fresh chook soon hair rigged on the biggest hook i can find.

As for the world championships ... ive never seen something so funny in all my life ! Whos sponsoring this massive event ? ha !

IP Logged

catman1
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Feb 4th, 2007 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
i was chatting to nigel the other day about this competition and i mentioned the fact that there is already a world cup/championships . as there are over 200 species of catfish there have actualy been sevral big competitons for catfishing including noodling . that where they grab the catfish by hand, but most of you know that.one other major factor for this to be run as a wordl championships is that overriding fact that you have to be registerd to run any competions that will be recognized in the long run and to be registerd for a world cup to the fed de pesca. you also have to have backing from the igfa committee independant game fishing authoritys i know this as i was going to run the competition many years ago. and have a full list of about 100 things to do to make it a recogonisable world championships. and no i will not send these out to anybody let twho ever is responsable, do all the heartache thats involved.
all the boats for one have to have a fully designated number from the commitee running this competition the police and ambulances have to be on standby for any disasters that happen and thats just the start the police will ask for your fed de pesca number and then they will approach the commite to see if its all been passed and fully verified . but all the same guys i wish you all the best but i will not be entering i am sorry to say. i dont think its right to snub it in any way shape or form but i hope you can take this advice and follow it on but saying that it takes a year to organbise. catfish capers are also running a competiton up the top lakes caspe region but i do not think its a world championships good luck and tight lines.

logo_for_webpage.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top