Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New road from Aldover to Vinallop (Read 1878 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

New road from Aldover to Vinallop
Jun 14th, 2006 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
There are plans to build a new road from Aldover to Vinallop to bypass Jesus and Roquetes.  The plans are available in the Ajuntament in Tortosa (top floor).

I have had a look at the plans and basically the road starts just after Aldover and then loops around Jesus, Roquetes and Raval de Crist, crosses the  Mas de Barbarans road and continues on to re-join the C12 near the Vinallop roundabout.

I've superimposed the road onto our map and posted it http://www.tortosaforum.com/newroad.jpg

The bottom part is fairly accurate as I got a photocopy of the plan - the top bit near Aldover may be slightly wrong as I didn't get a photocopy of that bit and I've drawn it from memory.

According to the man in the planning office it is due to be built in the next 2 to 3 years.

Nigel

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: New road from Aldover to Vinallop
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Replying to my earlier post...humm...

Anyway, I have just been to a meeting where the new road was discussed.  The plan is to build a 4 lane road (2 in each direction) HOWEVER..the plan is, at the moment, not confirmed - they are still reviewing it and the final route may change.

The building of the road will not start for at least 3 years - if not more.  The current proposal, however, is that a fair proportion of the road will be higher than ground level (as it has to pass over a number of Barrancs and existing roads).

If I find out any more then I'll update the topic with any details.

Nigel

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Re: New road from Aldover to Vinallop
Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Hi Nigel,

How do you think the new road will impact on the area?  If the circle is where you live then it looks a bit close for comfort, although I don't know what scale the map is.  Also if a large part of it is to be on pillars, or whatever, that could make it noisier.

I can see why they might want to by-pass Roquetes but I wouldn't have thought that the volume of traffic would warrant a dual carriageway.

Keep us posted.

Penny

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top