Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Well/bore hole (Read 4889 times)
nobrot
Ex Member

Well/bore hole
Sep 3rd, 2006 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Does anyone have or is thinking of having there own private well sunk and what amount of power is required to pump the water.I know a lot depends on the depth of the well,we could be looking at 250 meters approx.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Well/bore hole
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Hi Ian,

I know of one other 250M well that was sunk last year.  They have an Isuzu 30KW 3 phase generator to run the (3 phase) pump.

Regards,

Nigel

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Hello Ian,

I know someone who has a 17 KV generator to pump up 200 meters.

Mark

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that,it's given me some food for thought.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2009 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Hi Notrob

You might like to think again, since our visit from the friendly gentleman from the Generalitat de Aigua saying that we will be asked to fit a water meter to our Bore Hole we have had yet another letter today stating that our Catalan Vendor had never had the well legalised, and that we must get a technico to take photographs draw the well its possition and the Balsa size and submit a report, this is for a bore hole that was as we understood legalised in 1984, and we must pay  a fine and back taxes!

Sounds to me like the Tortosa water department are short of cash and are trying anything they can to raise money!!

We will see!!

If it takes anything like the amount of time it took them to realise that we were the new owners, we could have sold up and moved before they get their act together!!

Anyway whilst we were in the offices we noticed similar letters ready to be sent out to other Bore hole owners, there must have been over a hundred.

Gettin anything like the UK? no Not Yet thank God at least you can have a whizz or a CrXp and stick it in your own septico for free, it just seems they have cottoned on to making money out of water!!

Still not time yet to move to Bolivia!! Grin Grin Grin

ps we use 9Kw of electricity to raise our water 80 metres

But I was told of a solar system that will pump water up to 120m with battery back up for nightime, it only pumps slowly say 5 litres per minute but multiply that by 24 hours 7000ltres per day at no cost apart from the initial outlay of the bore hole and the equipment, its a long term investment but once paid for the water is free untill they tax you borehole!! Angry Angry

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Ours is at 120m with a pump powered from our 48v batteries - 300 litres per hour

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top