Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gun Licence (Read 2601 times)
Pondboy
Ex Member

Gun Licence
Dec 6th, 2006 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what one needs to do to obtain a rifle licence ? I'm thinking of knobbling then roasting the odd Sanglier or two once we have settled in.  Smiley PB

IP Logged

nicson
Ex Member

Re: Gun Licence
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Hi. There is  a sporting shooting and fishing shop in Tortosa 20 yds from the end of the old road bridge on the cathedral  side very close to the memorial in the river. When we get over on a perminant basis hopefully end of April time, I will start my attempt to get a shotgun licence there. Hopefully this thread may give some more clues.
               Happy hunting Nick.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2006 at 10:45am
Print Post  
I had heard that the shotgun and rifle licences now require written tests that sounded a bit beyond my halfway there Spanish, so I havent pursued the matter. I am also interested in hearing any more information about this.

As a side note, I have also heard that 90% of the local boar are infected with a ringworm type nasty bug and that local hunters have to take a snip of skin to the Farmacia to get it tested to see if the meat is fit for human consumption. I was also told by the same guy that an underground Indian oven can cook all meat safely regardless of diseases, but havent got hungry/bold enough to try it - yet Wink

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2006 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Is a UK shotgun licence transferable to Spain,what with us all being in the EU...???
If so,get one in Blighty.

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
No Ian...dont think they are transferrable...

The office opposite the bar Sport has a sign outside advertising...

"permises para Conducir (driving), y armes (guns I presume).

Might be worth a try.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top