Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Log Cabins/Mobile homes (Read 6004 times)
warner31
Ex Member

Log Cabins/Mobile homes
Feb 22nd, 2007 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Hello
Does anyone know if you need planning permission for a log cabin/chalet or mobile home on your own land? If so is it easy in this area?
Any help would be great
Many thanks
Charlotte

IP Logged

eddiejames
Ex Member

Re: Log Cabins/Mobile homes
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Hi
I think most people would say that it depends on your local adjuntament.  We have land in Garcia and arranged for someone to have a meeting with the local mayor for us to find out if we could have a mobile home or a log cabin on our land.  He said we could as long as it was screened and blended into the surroundings and no one complains!  It seems that anything "mobile" is OK, but you will not get a stamped piece of paper giving you permission.  Again, that is only Garcia, it could be different where you are.  If you want the details of the translator who went to see the Mayor for us, I can let you have details, he is based in L'Ametlla.
Regards
Eddie

IP Logged

Farway
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Morning.
General feel in Aldover and surrounding area's are as long as it is not on a permanent fixed structure , you are ok. I.E once it has fixed foundations, it is not allowed. If you put your log-cabin free standing I guess that is ok??? As per previous post , depends from area to area and yes , we have found it is a touchy subject.

IP Logged

Huw
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Times was when anything log cabiny was ok.  Now however watch out.  The new definition of what is mobile is that it has wheels and can be literally hitched to a car at the drop of a hat and towed away.  That doesn't need any planning permission.  Everything else does.  Please be careful here as the builders of wooden homes are still advertising them as planning free, and they are NOT.  With the new law even local councils will giver permission for things as they have always done, meaning whatever and wherever but all planning applications have to go up to Tarragona and there they will not approve them if they don't comply with the new planning laws.  What does this mean?  YOu can build it and no one will stop you but you will never legalise it (unlike before) and no one will ever be able to buy the land with the house mentioned on the deeds.  So they will be unable to stop the council running a road through it and no bank will ever give anyone a mortgage on it as it doesn't exist. 

There are a lot of sharks out there, watch out.

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know therefore if decking,concreted in the ground,with a portable building(not log cabiny thing) on it,constitutes a building with foundations.....

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 11:20am
Print Post  
As far as I am aware you can lay a base and put a portable(movable)shed, building on it, but anything substantial needs permissions and lots of signitures from all and sundry. Look at my PM.
                                                       Old Nelson.

IP Logged

Huw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2007 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
I think one of the obvious things here is also where the thing is placed.  If you are in the middle of an area which is undergoing lots of building then you may have probs, if not, if you are in the back of beyond then build what you feel like as chances are no one will ever say anything. 

BUT they can do.  If you are in the middle of doing whatever you have decided to do and the forestals (forest police) turn up they will ask for permissions and all that.  If you don't have them you will have a building inspector there the next day and the police who are there to take away your cement mixer etc so you have to stop.   

Everybody has always ignored building regs and will continue to do so I suppose.  But now the difference is nothing illegal will ever become so (or at least that is what I am told).  Not a problem then all steam ahead but it will also never feature on the deeds of the land, can't be legally sold, can't be mortgaged and will not be respected if the council wants to build a road or something.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
In Aldover, I don't believe it!
You must be joking, if any one tells you that you will be OK putting up a log cabin in Aldover, they are not telling you the whole truth, thats a forceful as I may put on the TF, and no matter whether it is a permanent base of concrete or not, the Mayor and  the Ajuntament  will object to it.

The mayor doesn't even want touring caravans on campo land.

Think again before spending any money, and if the people selling you a log cabin, say it will be fine and you don't need permissions, they would wouldn't they!!!, once they have got your money, it will be your problem, and they won't answer your calls!!

And if you are asked to remove it, what will you do then?

G.O.M.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2008 at 10:25am by »  

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hello
Does anyone know if you need planning permission for a log cabin/chalet or mobile home on your own land? If so is it easy in this area?
Any help would be great
Many thanks
Charlotte

We tried to get permissions for log cabins when we moved out in 2004 in different rural areas of Baix Ebre and Terra Alta with and without a concrete base. The applications went all the way through local councils and the big NO came back stamped across them from Tarragona. No no no.Irrespective of the size request for the cabin. We were looking at also putting an "ecological home" amongst a lovely olive orchard in the Gandesa valley,when the  alledged townhall spokes person pointed out a log cabin that he said Tarragona had placed a demolition order on. We also got turned down on the eco permission as their was a caseta of 2.5sq metres on the land and that was deemed big enough to live in. What with a family of 6+!

so be careful out there. way up the pros and cons and think carefully how much you are prepared to risk financially. Will you be able to sleep in your beds at night for worrying everytime you see a  person in uniform in a 4x4 driving slowly passed your property?

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
As far as I am aware you can lay a base and put a portable(movable)shed, building on it, but anything substantial needs permissions and lots of signitures from all and sundry. Look at my PM.
                                                       Old Nelson.

Well some folk seem to get away with it and alledgedly get permission. A certain property along Terre Roig had a vegetable garden in front of their home last year. One we always admired as it was finely tuned and always abundant with crops. This year there is a wonderful(yes and envious, I admit) lovely designed wood cabin there. Though we did notice the concrete base being poured at twilight......

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
Does anyone know therefore if decking,concreted in the ground,with a portable building(not log cabiny thing) on it,constitutes a building with foundations.....

We are aware of someone who build a raided wooden decking to walk out from their mobile home onto it. They were told it was okay to put in "strips" of concrete base, so long as it was not one continuous base.

So it all depends who you talk to.

They said move to Spain things would be easier! Who for? The folk we left behind?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top