Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Building costs (Read 4730 times)
kingy0
Ex Member

Building costs
Oct 10th, 2008 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Huh Anyone help with approximate building costs per square metre.  I have read it somewhere but cant remember where I read it. Andy

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: Building costs
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
How much do you want to pay? Roll Eyes

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Hi,
We were quoted close to €1200/m2 by 2 separate ambitious builders to renovate a 50m2 finca,granted they were supposed to be very good.You could probably halve this cost if you do it yourself.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Smiley ... or double it by employing an English builder whose fondness for tea breaks means that the job takes twice as long as it should so lots of over priced 'extras' get tacked on to cover the cost!  (The figure of 12k seems about right - perhaps a little steep - but much depends on the standard you want.)  

IP Logged

kingy0
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Cry I read somewhere that 750 euors per sq/m, omg need to recalculate.  Andy

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Hi Andy,

Have sent you a PM

Jools

IP Logged

kingy0
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Smiley Thanks Jools, I cant reply to you via PMs at the mo (too new), but thanks for that. Am looking at some land just across the border in Aragon, where you can build up to 300 sq/m.  Dont need anything that big, but just starting the process of planning.  I can take early retirement in a couple of years, will also need to sell my place on Costa Blanca.  Really looking to do my own wine or an olive farm so I dont go gagga when I retire.  Have a good pension so not doing it for income although I wont want to lose money thats for sure.  Regards Andy

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Hi Andy,
You have a PM
Jools

IP Logged

kingy0
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 10:38am
Print Post  
SmileyHi Jools, obviously still cant PM but these posts will help that.  At the moment the places we have seen are around Maella.  I could buy the land now but would need to be sure that I would be able to build as soon as my other property sells and as they are working vineyards/olive farms, these could be kept going in the meantime. Otherwise I might have to wait a while or buy barren land (cheaper) and plant my own stuff later.  thats of course if someone in the banking profession does not lose all my hard earned stuff.  Had a lucky escape with Icesave as I chose a bank I could walk into but with slightly less return.  Regards  Andy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top