Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Getting an electricity supply... (Read 1310 times)
jodal666
Ex Member

Getting an electricity supply...
Mar 5th, 2007 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Hi All
I will briefly explain the situation.
We are the owners of a finca in L’Ampolla, Poligono 133  We have been attempting to get a definitive answer from Fecsa, in writing as to why we cannot be connected to the Local electrical post. Which is 60m away & currently supplying power to our other house on finca Poligono 156.  Currently a 2.2KW supply that as I understand we could upgrade to 9.8KW supply at some future time if required. The Technician from the Fecsa office in Tortosa/ tarragona seem to be demanding that we take the connection from a transformer 400M away to the west. (these folk must be on commision!) Requiring 7 new / replacement posts and cables and a cost of 14,559€ + IBA  (by current route).
If we can upgrade to a 9.8KW supply on parcel 156, then there must be enough spare capacity in the supply to feed the two small houses on Poligono 133. Note: these properties are only used as holiday homes and only require 5.75KW (25Amp) supplies, or smaller.
There also seems to be problems with the proposed marked route of the posts, plotted by Fecsa they seem to take the shortest route possible. Which I can understand but with various landowners not happy with the positioning of the poles on their land or the way the cables cross the land. With one landowner demanding money to gain access to the transformer. Is this Legal? Can they do this? The landowners want the posts to be as close to the boundary as possible. Not in the middle of their land. Which I can understand.
If landowners will not allow installation of new posts on their land, it will make the transformer on parcel 156 redundant for any future connections. lost revenue for Fecsa!

My questions are:
1: Any one else had a problem like this with Fecsa. The Spanish local businessman, trying to sort this for us seems to be having no joy.

2: Should we write a formal letter to Fecsa? or will this put us a t the botttom of a very big pile of applications?

3: Why can they not supply a connection to parcel 133 from the supply post that feeds the house on poligono156 or from another post that runs along the road?

4: If we are being refused access / permission to cross landowners or install new posts on landowners land then why cannot a new small transformer be installed on either  medium tension pole15KV? that is on the north boundary of or land (note: One medium tension post is actually on our land).

5:Be naughty and take supply from house on poli 156 run under road in approved conduit and 16mm2 cable and connect to house on poli 133, 100m away.

6: Give up and go solar & wind???

Any thoughts.
We need electricity!!!!

I can put some plans on photobox.co.uk if it helps.

regards
John

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top