Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
buildings for animals (Read 3117 times)
janeinspain
Ex Member

buildings for animals
Mar 6th, 2007 at 12:17am
Print Post  
hi, we are moving to Catalonia in the next 18 months and are hoping to relocate our bird of prey centre there to rpovide both an income and employment for local people. Does anyone know where we stand in terms of building Aviaries on the land? would they be classed as permanent or temporary structures? Incidentally 2 of our children are Spanish, does this make any difference when applying for planning permission etc?

My next question is around schooling. Our daughter is deaf, what is provision like for kids with special needs in the area?

thanks for any advice or suggestions

Jane

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: buildings for animals
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 8:13am
Print Post  
As with any building, ask at the local Ajuntament first. They will tell you what you can/can't build and it depends on where you are.

Nigel

IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Jane, Good luck with your project.  Whereabouts are you planning to locate your centre? ( I used to keep birds of prey and have a real interest in them).  I think planning permission if needed would be greatly helped if you have an emphasis on education and rescue/rehabilitation.  So many raptors are killed by locals still today.  Indigenous species are declining rapidly. 
I will also be interested in any replies to this post regarding facilities for special needs, as I currently work in this field (adults) and am considering continuing this if my spanish improves enough before we move out in Jan '07.
Good luck again,
Haze

IP Logged

janeinspain
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
HI there, thanks for the replies this kind of brings me on to the other thing, I also work with adults with learning difficulties and am Learning disability nurse qualified so any job pointers maybe we could share? I know my nursing is not recognised in Spain but am quite keen to look at setting up alternative provision where needed as there is very little in Catalonia from my understanding.

We are hoping to locate to the Tortosa / Ebro delta area or thereabouts

Jane

IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2007 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Hi Jane,
I have sent you a PM.

Any more suggestions anyone?

Haze