Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
architects (Read 2826 times)
wendy
Ex Member

architects
Jun 11th, 2007 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Bon dia tothom!!!!

if you have some experience renovating, please can you advise...
we need to get an architect to draw up some plans to get planning permission for some reforms, has anyone had a good experience with someone locally, I would like to find someone who speaks english, but if someone is really good, I could get by with my basic catalan, i think... (if not, I'll rely on my 7year old to translate - how embarassing).  an email addresss would be much appreciated as we are not in tortosa yet.
also, we're looking for builders as well, so if you can recommend anyone we would appreciate it.

also- several estate agents told us that you automatically get permission to extend a residential property by 20% - is this true?  is the ajuntament liberal with planning permission?  where we are now, in baix emporda, you have to promise your first born child, I think, to get permission...  and no one builds illegally - because without doubt it will be demolished.
cheers,
wendy

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: architects
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2007 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Hi Wendy,

I bought a town house in ruins, and had it transformed into a 3 bed roomed, 2 bathroomed family home with the ground floor as a huge family room for parties or kids etc.

I used a Catalan Architect and building company, after previously being "stung" by "British" builders.

Unfortunately neither speak a word of English, but i would recommend them to anyone, for their perfect workmanship, the only downpoint being that it was completed 2 months after being promised, but i suppose this is Spain as the saying goes.

There are many Spanish people using the same companies in this area, so that must be a good sign. Depending on where your property is, they are definitely worth trying.

As for getting permission to extend your home 20%, i suppose it depends on whether you have a garden, or want to go up another floor.

Regards

Jools

IP Logged

wendy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Thanks for that Jools, I speak passable Catalan, so I could explain to them what kind of work I wanted done.  If you have an email address, could you send it to me?
And the house is 2 km from tortosa centre - near the carrefour.  so if anyone has heard rumours of new developments in the area - please forward them (before completion of the sale!!!)
cheers.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Wendy,
Have sent you a PM

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
There are plans for a big development between Carrefour and El Temple - it's shown on the big plackards by the side of the road - marked in red. I'm not sure when it is due to start but it has been talked about for the last couple of years. I'm sure you would be able to get the plans from the Ajuntament in Tortosa.

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top