Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Flood News/joke, and a question (Read 1830 times)
wendy
Ex Member

Flood News/joke, and a question
Jul 9th, 2007 at 10:16am
Print Post  
First the news...
-Crawford, Texas --   A tragic flood this morning destroyed the personal library of
President George W. Bush. The flood began in the presidential bathroom where both
of the books were kept.

Both books have been lost. A presidential spokesman said the president was devastated, as he had almost finished coloring the second one.

The White House tried to call FEMA, but there was no answer.

---------- Grin--------
now for the question - I'm buying a house about 200m away from the Ebre,  upon mentioning this, people in the streets of tortosa suck in their breath and speak of the great floods of 2003... can anyone tell me about the river flooding situation - has it been reinforced upstream, where can I get official info on flooding statistics and, importantly - is it possible to get flood insurance along the river bed - can anyone send me details of insurance agents covering the area for flood damage?
cheers,
and sorry to any US republicans reading this, (not for the joke you understand, just 'sorry' in general Roll Eyes

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Flood News/joke, and a question
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2007 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
If you want insurance for flood damage on the 'river bed' try the guy who insured Stevie Wonder after he got his pilots licence 

IP Logged

AgentX
Ex Member

Re: Flood News/joke, and a question
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Ask (1) the local ajuntament and (2) the Agència Catalana d'Aigua, before you sign the deposit contract. You will need to tell them your polígono and parcela number if the house you are buying is in a country location.

Hope this helps.

AgentX

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top