Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Spetic Tanks (Read 6450 times)
mikedenise
Ex Member

Spetic Tanks
Aug 28th, 2007 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Hello all

Does anybody have any information as to how you go about getting a septiic tank on your land

Do you need permission? (as this is Spain I suspect I know the answer to this one)

Do all the new ones need power supplies (and can this be powered by solar)

Whats the approx cost

Can anyone recomend an installer?

Cheers
Mike

IP Logged

corazon
Ex Member

Re: Spetic Tanks
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2007 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Come on people! i need to know as well! Smiley

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Try Tot Llatje, they sold a friend his "Yellow submarine" multi chambered septic tank, pretty sure it was not powered.

There have been rumblings about tanks leaking and polluting the groundwater, Gandesa springs [..sorry] to mind and of course, it is all the fault of the English, no doubt you also need 27.5 different signed, stamped and sealed permissions.....

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
There are several types of septic tank available.  Only the very large ones (for blocks of flats etc.) need powering.
The most common two here seem to be the multi-chamber Remosa ones (http://www.remosa.net/remosa/productos/prod_105.html) and the bell shaped ones.

Some people illegally just dig a hole in the ground then coveer it and feed a pipe in.

You'll need a hole for it (obviously!) and a trench for the input pipe and then a trench for the exit tube (which needs filling with stone chippings to not block the pipe which has perforations in it). The price for the hole depends on the soil/rock - one I was recently involved with cost 1200 euros for the hole as it took 19 hours to chip through the very hard rock in Aldover!

The Remosa tanks cost around 750 euros + IVA for a 1400 litre (4 person) tank and 1250 + IVA for a 2300 litre (7 person) tank.

I'm not sure about permissions but as you're not actually constructing anything, rather just burying something, then you may find you don't need permission (anyone know better??).

Nigel

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 5:14pm
Print Post  

Thanks Nigel, we have seen the website.
Because it is 2010: is there any news about modern/ecological/environmental septic tanks?

Thanks!
Jote

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Jote,

There are a lot of instruction-films on Youtube about modern septic-tanks. A friend of mine installed a modern tank in Belgium, it used electricity to monitor the water level. Because it is a holiday house the tank won't be used for months and dry out whithout this water-monitoring system. If you really want an cheap and environmental friendly system: build a compost toilet.

Good luck,
Mark

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mark I will take a look at YouTube!
I have been traveling a lot in Sweden with a tent so I am used to the compost ones. A good idea!
Jote

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
why not make your own out of old cubos i no people who have Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top