Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
private boats on the Ebro?? (Read 3391 times)
Xertaboy
Ex Member

private boats on the Ebro??
Sep 25th, 2007 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Having been fairly keen on boating in the past, and now owning a finca fairly close to the Ebro...,I was thinking of maybe having a dabble again at some stage in the future. Could anyone offer any advice on any of the below:

a) Are you allowed to go and launch a private boat on the river?
b) do you need a licence to use a boat on there?
c)is boating restricted to certain types of craft....rowing/small sailing dinghy?... or can you take  a motor powered boat on there?
d) are there any official slipways to launch from??....and is there a charge to use these slipways??
e) are there any mooring places along the river?

Any help will be appreciated.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Re: private boats on the Ebro??
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2007 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Having been fairly keen on boating in the past, and now owning a finca fairly close to the Ebro...,I was thinking of maybe having a dabble again at some stage in the future. Could anyone offer any advice on any of the below:

a) Are you allowed to go and launch a private boat on the river?
b) do you need a licence to use a boat on there?
c)is boating restricted to certain types of craft....rowing/small sailing dinghy?... or can you take  a motor powered boat on there?
d) are there any official slipways to launch from??....and is there a charge to use these slipways??
e) are there any mooring places along the river?

Any help will be appreciated.

a] People do.... river licence and pilot licences have been mentioned...not all have them.
b] I heard you do, many do not.
c] All the fishermen seem to have outboards.
d] There are slipways in most villages, I have used them, but never heard of a charge.
e] Yes, no idea on how to get on one though.

Hope this is of some help.

IP Logged

Xertaboy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2007 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info Roswell.......,seems to be like most things in Spain......nobody is REALLY sure....???.....,so the motto seems to be "DO IT UNTIL SOMONE TELLS YOU, YOU CAN'T " !!!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2007 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
"nobody is REALLY sure"....of course they are not, this is Spain......

You will of course, get 27.5 different opinions, news of changes in the laws, stories of people getting busted for having the wrong colour lifejackets, "there are no fish left in the river anyway", "no, you cannot do that on a wednesday" before you get a chance to add you own "well the Forestals guy told me XYZ"....and finally of course ...."but it was massive" !

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2007 at 9:37am
Print Post  
I have used the river for many years and have been stopped by the Guardia Nautical on a couple of times and I have a friend whose boat was impounded for not complying with these simple regulations.

1.  The boat must be registered, if the boat is english this can be done with the SSR.

2.  Third party insurance.

3.  A Llicencia Embarcations Motor.

4.  A Llicencia de Pesca Recreativa, if fishing.

These documents must be with you whilst you are on the river.

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

Xertaboy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2007 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Ahhhhh...Rosswell......,many a true word said in jest !!!!!!!!!!!!!. But thanks anyway to "Spainishcatfishing" for your input.
Oh darn.......I suppose I'll have to leave the "sunseeker" with 150PH mercury outbourd at home......."for now?????"....don't want to wake the "guardia Nautical" up from their 8 hour siesta....do we!!!!  he-he. Poor lads must be worked to death with all that traffic on the river??????!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top