Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Finca Insurance (Read 7394 times)
mikedenise
Ex Member

Finca Insurance
Jan 18th, 2008 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Good afternoon all

Does anyone know if there is a company offering contents insurance for rural fincas?

Cheers Mike

IP Logged

terryandsandra
Ex Member

Re: Finca Insurance
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Hi .
Speak to Chris or Mary at Catalunya Property services on 977493607 or 666 351 555 im sure they will help you.
www.catalunyapropertyservices.com

Terry.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
You can also try La Caixa who offer various insurance services and of course they have an English speaker in every branch.

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2008 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I hate to disillusion you.
Contents insurance on a Finca!
Have you noticed the iron bars on Spanish windows?

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2008 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Hate to disillusion you too,but it can be got.....

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Off course!
But why then bother with iron bars and guard dogs?
Me thinks the locals have got the right idea Wink
Or is due to the fact that  its part of the insurance stipulations, to have iron bars , to be eligible for insurance?
In which case why bother on the first place?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Contents insurance covers you for more than theft.

IP Logged

mikedenise
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Hello Terry, Tony, Sandra, Nobrot, and Pondgirl many thanks for yours responses - very helpful

Thanks Debbie - yes I have noticed bars on Spanish windows. But since I asked a question about insurance and did not make a statement about the lack of security bars you have not "disillusioned" me. Unless of course you are refering to my illusions that this forum is used exclusively to help our fellow citizens rather than to score points by trying to act like we know more that other people?

thanks
mike

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
We had insurance with La Caixa for our Previous finca/casita. (now sold)...included everything including the solar system....didn't think it was to expensive either.  We didnt have iron bars or any other security system.

Liz

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Ooops, you re all so touchy!
Come on guys, lighten up!
Where ever one lives, someones gonna want to rip you off , with insurance this, that and the other.
I wonder how many of you claimed fraudulently ,regarding claims on your UK  contents insurance?
I m actually trying to be light hearted, not trying to point score at all.
We all decide how to spend our money.
I just like to spend mine wisely!
You re living in Spain now. Haven t you noticed how Spanish beaurocracy differs from village to town to city etc?
Brits cant live in Spain, with the same ideas , values etc. Just not possible! Any business minded Spaniard will take your money. But is it worth the paper its written on?

IP Logged

bill and bob
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
O'  dear, o'dear.   well insurance.its simple .no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill .just pop down to bank (ie'la'caixa)yes and take out house insurance.same as uk ......contents .cover to the value of your choice,we did with no dog ,or iron -bars ,so whats all the fuss about .no " points " scored ........you can all-so take any further cover for buildings.......well now thats easy .   Wink

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Wink
Yes. But why bother? Iron bars are soooo much nicer Wink The killer dog, would certainly be a deterrent!
Mind you saying that,wouldn t be any good if there was a fire. One wouldn t need to claim on their insurance. The chances are, they d be burn t along with their contents, cos they couldn t get out.
Dont take me too seriously, please Wink
Just trying to save you all a few quid Roll Eyes

IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Just come back from Tortosa. Checked about household insurance - my bank (la caixa) will only insure in the campo if every window has iron bars.

IP Logged

DebbieM
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
unfortunately,  I hate to say, I told you so . . .
but before I become the centre of a witch hunt, yet again. i ll curb my point scoring advice Lips Sealed
sweetness and light, from now on Wink

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Hmmm if anyone who thinks they are scoring points by telling or advising people not to have house or contents insurance is frankly an idiot ! I have bars on all my ground floor windows, two very large Akita dogs protecting my solar equipment, but i still have house building and contents insurance with our bank La Caxia just like in the UK . They even have dedicated staff who deal Home Insurance. its no different to the UK. I took for granted that everyone has grills on ground floor windows in Town and villaiges as in the countryside as with the warmer climate windows can be left open and the bars prevent the opportunist billy burglar. Im covered for theft and accidental damage * Like our friends nearby who had damaged solar panels in the high winds last year, they were paid out without fuss. Im unaware if La Caxia demands grills of first floor windows as I think this would be contrary to fire regs, I have a first floor and the shutters seem adequate, Il have to double check. 
When people ask for advice on where to go for insurance I think they have already made there mind up that they need it. Cover will vary with different companies as in the UK and again some members of this forum hiding behind a quirky non existent humour feel that bad advice is better than no advice. Angry

Mike try La Caxia as others have reccomended, Im with them and Im just up for renewal and having a bit more real life living in Spain under my belt will be providing them with more details this time such as Solar Panel Serial Numbers and other stuff. Welcome toTortosa Forum !   Cool
WoO

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top