Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 The forum is dead,long live the forum (Read 6086 times)
Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

The forum is dead,long live the forum
May 3rd, 2008 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
I have a cunning plan.....why does the forum not operate a '3 and your out' system.Anyone stepping over the line 3 times gets banned.That way the moderators can moderate without us having to wait ages on a reply and the forum remains healthy and interesting,plus we get to see more of the 'Debs and Jools happy hour' Everyones a winner.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: The forum is dead,long live the forum
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2008 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Ian,

Not a bad idea, but cant say that I have seen any racism on here, that does surprise me, just people venting off some steam now and again.

As for happy hour, I'm more selective who i drink with, so I'll not bother..............cheers!

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2008 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I have a cunning plan.....why does the forum not operate a '3 and your out' system.Anyone stepping over the line 3 times gets banned.

Great idea.. and with 3 moderators checking we should keep things on a more even keel.  In reality, it has been VERY rare that I have ever had to intervene or modify anything, healthy debate keeps the forum alive. Unfortunately, as happened recently, it went off the rails a bit and I wasn't around to see what was going on.  With the new moderators (you're doing a great job guys!) that shouldn't happen.

Oh, and anyone that gets banned, can we have a public stoneing at the summer equinox??

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2008 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
I have a cunning plan.....why does the forum not operate a '3 and your out' system.Anyone stepping over the line 3 times gets banned.

Oh, and anyone that gets banned, can we have a public stoneing at the summer equinox??

The quotes remind me of "The Life of Brian"  famous phrase "What have the Romans ever done for us?

Just think, moderate not suffocate,don't spoil a good thing which this forum is and can be.

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
viaducts irrigation sanitation law and order oh and dont forget the roads  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2008 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Will this mean that all the decisions for the '3 and out' will be taken by the '3 that are in' ?  Grin

IP Logged

Debs
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ian,

Not a bad idea, but cant say that I have seen any racism on here, that does surprise me, just people venting off some steam now and again.

As for happy hour, I'm more selective who i drink with, so I'll not bother..............cheers!

Jools!
I ll have a dry white wine please!
Please dont judge the book, by the cover!

Nobs.
Get the spoon out of the sponge mix.
XXXXX

IP Logged

Jaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 10th, 2008 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
I HAVE BEEN READING THIS FORUM FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS.  Huh

ONLY UNTIL YOU HAVE PLACED MODERSATORS DO I NOW FEEL READY TO POST. SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD GENUINE HONEST QUERIES OR EVEN GOOD IDEAS, BUT THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED TO SHREADS BY OTHER WHO HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON THERE HANDS AND TOO CRUELER THOUGHTS. I MOVED OUT HERE TO GET AWAY FROM CATTY BRITS WHO FORVER PUT PEOPLE DOWN BUT HOOOO WHAT DO I SEE, HERE THEY ARE. I KNOW WHAT'LL HAPPEN NOW......WAIT FOR IT.......SOMEONE WILL COME BACK WITH SOMETHING SARCASTIC AND IRRELEVANT TO THIS POST!!!
I AM A MEMBER OF OTHER FORUMS WHO ALL HAVE MODERATORS, SOME EVEN HAVE ADMIN ADMINISTRATORS, TECHNICAL ADVICE AND DESIGN,  AND NOTIFICATION ASSISTANTS.  I WISH EVERYONE SHOULD STOP MOANING, THERE SHOULD BE SOME PROTECTION. THESE PEOPLE DO IT FOR FREE, SO AS THE SAYING GOES "IF YOU HAVENT GOT ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY........"  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2008 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
[url]MOVED OUT HERE TO GET AWAY FROM CATTY BRITS WHO FORVER PUT PEOPLE DOWN BUT HOOOO WHAT DO I SEE, HERE THEY ARE. I KNOW WHAT'LL HAPPEN NOW......WAIT FOR IT.......SOMEONE WILL COME BACK WITH SOMETHING SARCASTIC AND IRRELEVANT TO THIS POST!!!  
I AM A MEMBER OF OTHER FORUMS WHO ALL HAVE MODERATORS, SOME EVEN HAVE ADMIN ADMINISTRATORS, TECHNICAL ADVICE AND DESIGN,  AND NOTIFICATION ASSISTANTS.  I WISH EVERYONE SHOULD STOP MOANING, THERE SHOULD BE SOME PROTECTION. THESE PEOPLE DO IT FOR FREE, SO AS THE SAYING GOES "IF YOU HAVENT GOT ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY........"  [/url]

I think that everyone will agree that the forum does seem a much nicer place than before the temporary shutdown.
I for one will welcome you and I am far too happy with my life to upset anyone at all. Smiley
And as for irrelevant comments, how do you spell cactusses?
Steve

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 11th, 2008 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
And as for irrelevant comments, how do you spell cactusses?
Steve

Carefully PG

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 11th, 2008 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
Will this mean that all the decisions for the '3 and out' will be taken by the '3 that are in' ?  Grin

may i ask who the other two are then would like to know Smiley

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 11th, 2008 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Will this mean that all the decisions for the '3 and out' will be taken by the '3 that are in' ?  Grin

may i ask who the other two are then would like to know Smiley

The moderators are as listed at the top of the page and here:  http://www.tortosaforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1209064241 in Nigel's announcement in the News section. They are Tony and authorannie.

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #12 - May 12th, 2008 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Jaz,
     with respect to your comments as a new member, I think that this Forum is a lively and active place to give and receive comments ,advice and opinions, whether you agree with them, or wish to challenge, which normally you can do, and as they say " if you can't stand the heat stay away from the fire". With one or two exceptions the moderator/ors in my opinion have done a good job to date to keep things going, nothing in this world is perfect.
We're back to the Forum again! "Thumbs up or down?" mine are up!!

Old Nelson.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 13th, 2008 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Hi All and our illustrious leaders,
Do I take it that the '3 and out' is now in operation? If so will the forum rules reflect this or is it a temporary measure?
ebrorob Smiley

IP Logged

Jaz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 13th, 2008 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
GOOD POINT ABOUT THE 3 & OUT. IS IT IN PLACE?

I FOR ONE, AM GLAD OUR MODERATORS ARE ABOUT AND THANK THEM FOR GIVING UP THERE TIME!!
OFCOURSE ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME AND HOPE THAT THIS SITE WILL NOW BE A PLEASANT AND INTERESTING PLACE RATHER THAN WHO CAN PUT WHO DOWN FIRST!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top