The Catalans (Read 2914 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

The Catalans
May 5th, 2008 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Did you know (maybe you already do..) the Catalans have a similar reputation to the Scottish for being - well, 'Thrifty' with their money..

Here's a lovely joke about it...with a disclaimer at the end!

El Prestamo (The Loan)
Bon día. Vengo a solicitar un crédito.
-Encantado de atenderle, don Jordi. Veamos... ¿qué cantidad solicita?

-1 Euro

1€ ?...? Por favor, don Jordi: No es necesario solicitar un crédito por esa cantidad. Puede Vd. retirarlo de cualquiera de sus cuentas. Se lo saco de su cuenta corriente o de su libreta de ahorro?

He dicho que quiero que se me conceda un crédito POR UN EURO-Si no me lo conceden, cancelo la cuenta, la libreta,el fondo de inversiones y me voy a otro banco, collons!

-OH, no, don Jordi, por favor! No me malinterprete. Desde luego no tenemos ningún inconveniente en concederle su crédito, faltaría más.
Bien...qué plazo desea?

Un mes.

¿Un mes ?... Bien, como es un plazo corto le aplicaremos un interés de un 10%... y por ser vd. uno de nuestros mejores clientes, lo dejaremos en el 5%. ¿Le conviene?

Molt be. Como garantía, quiero dejar el Mersedes.

¿El Mercedes? ¡Pero, don Jordi! Por esa cantidad no es necesario que nos deje ninguna garantía. Además, tratándose de Vd., sobra cualquier garantía...

¡He dicho que quiero dejar de garantía EL MERSEDES! Si no me lo aceptan, cancelo la cuenta, la libreta,el fondo de inversiones y me voy a otro banco, coñy!

¡Oh, no, no, don Jordi! ¡Por favor! Aceptamos con mucho gusto su garantía, claro que sí. Puede dejarlo en el parking de la oficina.
Ahora, no tiene más que firmar aquí. Eso es. Muy bien, don Jordi. Muchas gracias y a su disposición. Hasta pronto.

Don Jordi llega a casa y se dirige exultante a su mujer: ¡¡Montserrat!! ¡Ya nos podemos ir de vacaciones!
¡¡¡ENCONTRÉ PARKING VIGILADO PARA EL MERSEDES DURANTE UN MES. Y POR SÓLO 1,05 EUROS!!!

PD: No es que los catalanes sean agarraos... Lo que son es buenos
¡COMERCIANTES!

IP Logged

Debs
Ex Member

Re: The Catalans
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2008 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Nice one Nigle.
How diplomatic!
The Prestamo( The praise )
Bon day. I come to request a credit.
-Charmed of paying attention you, Jordi present. Let us see... ¿what quantity requests?

-1 Euro

1€?...? Please, Jordi present: It is not to necessary to request a credit for that quantity. Can Vd. withdraw those of whoever of your accounts. It is serve it of your current account or of your notebook of economy?

It have this that want that concede me to him a POR UN EURO credit-if not me concede it, cancel the account, the notebook, the buttom of inversions and go me to other bench, |collons|!

-OH, not, Jordi present, please! Not me |malinterprete|. Of course not have any inconvinient in conceding your credit, it is missing more.
Well..what term wants?

A month.

¿A month?... Well, in any way whatever a short term will apply you an interest of a 10 %... and for be vd. one of our better clients, will stop it in 5%. ¿Agrees you?

Molt bars. As guarantee, I want leave the Mersedes.

¿The mercies? ¡But, Jordi present! For that quantity it is not necessary that leaves us any guarantee. Moreover, by treating of Vd., is more than enough any guarantee...

¡It have this that want stops to EL MERSEDES guarantee! If not me accept it, cancel the account, the notebook, the buttom of inversions and go me to other bench, |coñy|!

¡Oh, not, not, Jordi present! ¡Please ! We gladly accept your guarantee, of course. It can leave it in the parking of the office. 
Now, not has not more that signs here. That is. Very comfortably placed, Jordi present. Thank you very much and to your disposition. Until sudden impulse.

Don Jordi reaches to house and |exultante| is directed to your woman: ¡¡Montserrat!! already can go us of holidays!
¡¡¡I FOUND WATCHED PARKING FOR THE MERSEDESES DURING A MONTH. AND FOR ONLY 1.05 EUROSES !!!

PD: Lest the |catalanes| are stick you... Which are to be good
¡MERCHANTS!

IP Logged

Debs
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2008 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Doesn t have quite the same ring, does  it? Wink

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2008 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Now which badly written machine translator came out with that rubbish? Learning the language is a lot less painful and much more fun... you get an insight into 'Real' Spain and not the 'English coccoon' that some like to live in... Go, translate, homework (deberes), surely more fun than 'Miguel and Maria are sat outside a café having a coffee....'

Now, ¿Agrees you anyone ?to give a praise to buy that new car, or a notebook to keep a list of my buttom of inversions in?

Until sudden impulse..

PD: Lest the Scottish are stick you.. Which be good merchants!

IP Logged

Debs
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2008 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Mmm.
How many of us would be able to translate your little anecdote ,without a translator?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2008 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Well, if that's the quality of translators, and that's what people are relying on when they receive legal documents, buy property, request building permissions etc. etc. is it suprising that they run into trouble?

Maybe they should invest in one of these instead - instant translation without the pain of actually having to take the time and effort to learn  Grin

Until sudden impulse (I just love that one!!!)

babelfish.gif (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2008 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin

Made oi larf, Nigel.

Didn't need no translator hingmy either

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1