Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
getting a gas certificate (Read 2039 times)
Chris
Ex Member

getting a gas certificate
Jun 23rd, 2008 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
just had our mobile inspected, and it failed. we have a gas fire , gas water heater, and a gas cooker, and these all need to have their own shut off valves, but not only that, they have to be fitted by a qualified engineer who will/can issue you with a installation certificate. without this piece of paper, they will not consider giving your mobile a "pass" .

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: getting a gas certificate
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
we have a gas fire , gas water heater, and a gas cooker, and these all need to have their own shut off valves

Correct, and most (if not all) of the older UK import caravans don't have this.  I did see one the other day that did have shut off valves but that was the first.  You sometimes find they may have one or more but not all.  It's (as you have found out) the regulations - along with a few other things...and without them you won't get a contract.

I have retrofitted a number of caravans and (through an authorised Repsol engineer who inspects the work) can get the installation safety certificate you need to be able to get a contract.

Nigel

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Hi Chris and Nigel

Nigel
Re our conversation today when we met in Blascos and Clibegas, I have a 25mtr coil of 8mm copper tubing, so if you need it for the caravan let me know and also how many and what size adaptors you want

Couldn't PM you as I don't have enough points

Stuart

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Hi Stuart,
tubing isn't such a problem - it was 12 to 8mm adapters that were - they're now ordered as nowhere in Tortosa seem to have them.. 8mm isn't really used here..

I'll keep the tubing in mind though.

Thanks,

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top