Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Trouble at Reus ? (Read 4786 times)
roswell
Ex Member

Trouble at Reus ?
Jun 5th, 2008 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Hola chicos y chicas,

Gossip I heard yesterday, I cannot be sure of the exact details, so I will not go into too much....

It appears Reus' Taxi drivers have kicked up a stink about ExPats picking up/dropping off  clients from the Airport when "Taxi drivers should be doing this work" ... So, in classic style, they have got their mates in the various Police forces [Guardia, Mossos and Forestals all got mentioned]  to crack down on anybody looking like a taxi, B&B, Fishing or holiday company.

The story I heard was of a guy who runs a small, slightly unregistered business hereabouts was spotted, police called and, after a little cat and mouse... he got stopped and landed a 5K fine, I really hope I am wrong, but I think not.... Knowing something of local laws and enforcement I would guess running a legitimate business is not enough, you will probably need explicit permits etc. to pick up and drop clients off, probably a taxi licence too !

If you pick up or drop off from the airport you may well get attention... any [unregistered, insured etc.] business picking up clients could be finished on the spot.

If you know more about what is going on up there, or different, please post. I guess the poor victim of this does not really need his details made public any more than I am interested in other peoples opinions of how some of us run our businesses !

Take care, stay safe.

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Re: Trouble at Reus ?
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Yep...I heard the same story from a local fishing guide

IP Logged

phoebedog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
I went out to a party at Caspe a week or so ago and all the gossip was about the local Police stopping and checking people who were dropping off and picking up passengers who look like they are doing it commercially.  Also a lot of talk about a local Brit (local to Caspe that is) who runs an unregistered business, whilst on the way back from the airport with two passengers was involved in an accident and one passenger was killed and the other seriously injured.  The driver did'nt have proper insurance hence no compensation to passengers or relatives.
May be thats why the Police are doing it ???

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
phoebedog wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:18pm:
I went out to a party at Caspe a week or so ago and all the gossip was about the local Police stopping and checking people who were dropping off and picking up passengers who look like they are doing it commercially.  Also a lot of talk about a local Brit (local to Caspe that is) who runs an unregistered business, whilst on the way back from the airport with two passengers was involved in an accident and one passenger was killed and the other seriously injured.  The driver did'nt have proper insurance hence no compensation to passengers or relatives.
May be thats why the Police are doing it ???

sounds about right to me,picking up relatives is ok but anyone other than them is a no no,unless you have the insurance or paperwork to do so .

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 9:40am
Print Post  

If you are not insured to be a Taxi, don't do pickups for a fee!, Simple!
You wouldn't do it in the UK!
Or would you?

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
Or would you?

i would say that the people who are picking people up from the airport are not doing it for free.i would say it is people who are renting out a holiday (like fishing etc)and put the airport pickup on the price of the holiday.i dont know if that is legal or not so cant realy say that the people are doing right or wronge can you?

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Nen
Are you saying that if I pick up my wife and children from the airport, I must be charging them?
It's me who gives them all my money, not the other way round. Angry
Steve

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Or would you?

i would say that the people who are picking people up from the airport are not doing it for free.i would say it is people who are renting out a holiday (like fishing etc)and put the airport pickup on the price of the holiday.i dont know if that is legal or not so cant realy say that the people are doing right or wronge can you?

JACK HAVE A READ WHAT I SAID AND YOU WILL SEE I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WIFE/CHILDREN Angry

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Nen
Are you saying that if I pick up my wife and children from the airport, I must be charging them?
It's me who gives them all my money, not the other way round. Angry
Steve

Maybe you should save yourself some money and pick up a new wife at the airport, those ladies at the roundabout always seem ever so friendly.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Nen is right picking up friends and family at an airport is fine, but if you have paying guests and charge them for the airport pickup and also advertise it on your website then you are open to get fined.

Worse still would be holding up a piece of paper with the guests names on it at the airport, now that really is giving yourself away!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top