Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Dutch to Spain health care (Read 4826 times)
Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Dutch to Spain health care
Oct 19th, 2008 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
In Europe, Holland like in the Uk, the E111 is defunct and you are now issued with an E>H>I>C> card from your country of origen.

This is confusing the local Cat Salud clinics and I have been approached for some help.

Previously you got your E111 and thenon 65 (thoughI am way off tht mark) you got an E121 when you trnsferred over at Cat Salud on to the Stte pension health care scheme. Gratis for everything in helath care!

So what happens now when you reach 65 withyou EHIC card, does anyone know?

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Re: Dutch to Spain health care
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Ebro,

As far as I know nothing happens. In Holland you still have to pay your health-insurance and you still get your EHIC afther reaching your 65th.

Mark

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
My Parents came to visit in July, both of them 80 years old.
Although they had private holiday insurance, my Mother was taken seriously ill and was in hospital in Mora d'Ebre for a month, before finally dying there.

The private insurance didn't want to know, because it was a previously diagnosed problem, but her EH1C card covered the cost of everything because she was admitted as an emergency.

The equivalent of the hospital social worker asked me to get Mum put on the Padron in the village, I'm still not sure why, because she only swelled the village residents for 24 hours before dying.

We haven't had to pay anything for her care either here or in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Jools

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Ta Mark & Jools. But these will be out here to live. They have bought in the Tortosa area. EHIC is only for emergency health treatment and not for on going care. so doctors are saying to me what is the name of the form they must  ask for at 65. Cat Salud wont accept the EHIC after 65 and transfer them over onto the free system. so if you here anything else ..please drop me a note. Much appreciated.

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Ebro,

When they become resident in Spain the health insurance becomes a little different. If your friends are dutch they will find some information on these websites:

http://www.minvws.nl/dossiers/zorgverzekering/zorgpremie-in-het-buitenland/
http://www.buitenland.cvz.nl/resources/brch_verhuizen-buitenland_pvv_tcm27-21976...

Basicaly the ministery of health information tells you to contact the (former) health-insurance company in Holland. They can inform you exactly what to do.

Mark

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
thanks Mark

Much appreciated and I am sure they will be grateful too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top