Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
where do i take my olives? (Read 4132 times)
elfitis
Ex Member

where do i take my olives?
Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Hi guys im in need of some info..... im in the middle of picking my olives, live near raval de crist and would like to know where to take my olives to sell them?

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: where do i take my olives?
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
the price of olives at the moment ,you might as well take them to the dump Cry

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:38am
Print Post  
I take mine to a small olive mill (just one street down from the Patisserie in the main square) at Els Reguers. This is the fourth year I have delivered them there and find him fair. at least you dont ahve to wait until May to get paid. He settles up with you a day or two after you tell him that is yr final load.

As long as mine pays for my car insurance and winter wood I am not complaining. Good exercise and good for stress relief. I even had a golden eagle come over to see who was the daft bat, hanging onto to an extension ladder, combing off her olives.

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Hi everyone
We are wondering how much the olives are worth this year as we have an abundance this year.
Is it worth our while picking them?
thanks
Angela and John

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:11am
Print Post  
From what I gather speaking to other people the purchase price this year is 22/23 cents per kilo, as there is an abundance of them.  Personally, I don't have many trees, so for that price I can't be bothered with the effort of picking them.  No doubt someone will correct me if this price is incorrect.
Tony

Modified to correct grammar - Tony

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone
We are coming out to pick our olives and don't know where to take them- can you recommend a mill? We don't want money- only some olive oil! Has anyone advice on how to pick them?
Angela

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Which ever mill you chose they all charge around €50 per pressing so you had better have enough to make it worth while, ps there is a Moli D Oli at the next road left from the bank going towards you place in Aldover

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Hi. I'm helping someone sort this out at the moment! I called their local private olive mill at El Perello and the chap was quite helpful. He told me that the minimum quantity required for pressing was 300 kilos and the cost would be 75 euros for this quantity. The only thing I couldn't manage to get out of him was whether you need to reserve a slot so he is probably going to pop in and ask him in person. I have seen the mill at Aldover so perhaps you could go in yourselves before you harvest and ask them. Be aware that there is a minimum quantity of olives that they will press. If you need any more help just ask as lots of people using this forum are harvesting their olives around this time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top