Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 taxes on land and houses (Read 18432 times)
nen
Ex Member

taxes on land and houses
Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:25am
Print Post  
hi as anyone on here noticed a differance last year and this year  in there land and house taxes as we have i would love to know

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Re: taxes on land and houses
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
In what way different ?
Obviously they increase each year, but as we pay by direct debit we never see written details from the council/tax office.
Should we receive a printed bill each year ?

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
WE've had ours double since we had a 'balsa' built,I think it was the stainless steel inspection ladders that gave it away.Went from €30 to €60 a year.It makes me wonder how these people sleep at night

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:54am
Print Post  
well our land rates went up from 25e to 73e that was for one piece the other went up from 9e to 26e and the other went up from 45e  to 128e  and the house we live in the taxes were 70e for the first  3  years then  last year it went up to 103e and this year 156e and yes you should get a recite if you pay at the bank they should send you one as you need to keep it with the deeds (i think) Roll Eyes

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 11:00am
Print Post  
and yes before anyone says anythink the taxs are MUCH CHEAPER THAN THE UK but i  cant understand why they have to go up by nearly 3 times strange just wondered if anyones have gone up by the same amount or just a few euros

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Everything is going up Nen and that's a fact! Taxes, gas, electricity, food, even firewood. It is all on the rise. Some things are still cheaper than the uk but for how long I don't know. The exchange rate is also very poor if you are receiving money, such as a pension, from the uk.
The only thing that never seems to go up is the wages! Oh, or the value of agricultural produce. Cry
So either way, if you are trying to scrape a living here or living off a pension or savings from the uk, we will all be feeling the pinch. Some more than others. That is one reason so many Brits are moving back to the uk. It is also the reason that the British have almost ceased moving out to these parts.
Well, this is all very cheery just before Christmas. Maybe we should change the subject quick! Angry

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Who's moving back to the UK?

It's true that people are not moving into this area, but that surely has something to do with the restrictive building regulations.

We've sold 3 fincas, all British families in the last 2 weeks, but, obviously not in Catalunya.

It doesn't seem to matter about the exchange rate or increasing living costs, if they have had enough of the UK they will get out at any cost.

Jools

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Oh God...not again !!

IP Logged

elfitis
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Grin

Ditto Nobrot .... Here we go again lol

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Where would be a good area to buy, without restrictive building practicies ?
Surely no such area exists in Spain now ?

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
It's called the Pueblo! Failing that you can build whatever you want in Cerdos Con Alas ( translated pigs with wings)
I'm off there now to build an enormous mansion with an infinity pool. I think I will call it 'En Mis Suenos' translated, In my Dreams!
Yeah, It's heaven in Cerdos Con Alas. It never rains, yet the grass is always green. There are no flies because they are all heading for Catalunya or Aragon and every week you get a free delivery of baked beans, bacon, dairy milk chocolate, a couple of pints and the Sun newspaper!
Anyone else been there. Pop in any time, a dip in my pool will cure all ills ( I'm thinking of Nobrot here!) , make you 10 years younger and irresistable to goats.( won't help you spell better  though! )
Cool

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's called the Pueblo! Failing that you can build whatever you want in Cerdos Con Alas ( translated pigs with wings)
I'm off there now to build an enormous mansion with an infinity pool. I think I will call it 'En Mis Suenos' translated, In my Dreams!

I know a good builder if you need one.  
Just give me 50% deposit and I will sort it all out for you (cash of course to save paying any IVA) Roll Eyes

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
If the taxes go up to the extent that they are really worth something to the government then they might treat us a bit better!

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Viking,are you saying I'm infirm and need a trip to some Lourdes type place ????
Remember,I drink font water,free from all 'orrible nasties and it revitalises me,gives me the strength of 10 men and the power to trim carob trees unprotected.....(well maybe not the carob trees)
And all that from Bitem.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Yawn, yawn.............. yes your right, here we go again................why does it pi55 you guys off so much, that you can legally build in Aragon.....I HAVE ATTACHED THE OFFICIAL BUILDING REGULATIONS, but you'd need to understand at least basic Spanish!

Some villages vary slightly on how much land you need, but we know which ones they are, and which ones have protected land.

It even tells you exactly how high/wide/size of build/distance from track/ etc etc etc and that you have to use one of those alien life forms more commonly known as an ARCHITECT.

What a shame Catalunya didn't do this from day one, and put their building regs in place first and save so much heart ache for so many people.

I rest my case..........................or would you like more proof?

Aragon_building_regulations.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top