Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 taxes on land and houses (Read 18425 times)
nen
Ex Member

Re: taxes on land and houses
Reply #15 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:49am
Print Post  
hi jools  Smileyi am not pi55ed off i was trying to find out if other peoples land taxes and house taxes have multiplied by 3 as ours have but only one person as said yes ours has  doubled:Smileythe topic then went on to were you can build and other things Huhnot related to what i was asking .also may i add as a friend of ours just because he paid one lot of  tax on his property (it was tax on his land )thought he was paying for his little casa too)not correct land tax is payed on all land and if you have a legal casa tax is payed on that too(so two lots off tax on two  differant bills for one property if you only pay one tax bill you may find the casa is not legal) ......she says under her breath now what have i started..... Wink

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Hi Nen,
My reply wasn't directly to you, sorry, and yes the original thread seems to have diverted to other things, but that happens a lot on here.
I am merely trying to make people aware that there are alternatives to putting up with all this uncertainty about what you can and cant do in Catalunya.
Jools

IP Logged

elfitis
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Wink
Well it might be an idea to 'translate' the attachment for all of us dumb twits that haven't bothered to learn spanish, seeing as you are such a clever lass  Wink

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Jools...........It's your uncle Nobrot speaking....stop banging on about this land of milk and honey,paradise,nirvana,east of middle earth,call it what you may that you flog houses in every time someone mentions the word 'casa,house,land,dwelling,living etc etc'.Leave us all to wallow in our own misery and self pity. We chose Catalonia because we liked it,if we'd have liked Aragon I'm sure we'd have all moved there.The only other thing I can think to stop this is for us all to sell up and give you a ring,we could then all share your commisions and we could all skip off down the lane whislting a happy tune...or start your own forum for like minded people.

XX

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Your right, I'm so silly!

There was I thinking that information like this would be useful to some forum members or for people who are just looking and doing some research.

DONT FORGET, I bought a finca in Catalunya myself and then found out I couldn't build on it.

Maybe if this information had been available then, I wouldn't have wasted my hard earned money.

Strange how most of the other forums welcome information like this, please dont tell me you want people to continue buying and making the same mistakes, how very UNBRITISH!

Surely your not saying "nobody told us, so let them find out the hard way like we had to".....tut tut.

Jools

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Nobrot,
I've allready tried your suggestion and asked to look at properties the lady had for sale, but for some reason she was very rude and did not want to show me any ?
Perhaps it was because it was the Christmas season, allthough I recall asking in late October !
Strange people Estate agents, same attitude as double glazing salesmen.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
i see no one on here wonts to tell me if they are paying more tax on there land or casa  Roll Eyesmaybe we are paying more on our own then  Undecided

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
wish i hadnt bothered  Shocked
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2008 at 7:28pm by »  

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Hello Fatphil,

I hope this doesn't have any connection to the currect discussion, but if it does, lets just get something straight, I am never rude to any enquirer, our company is too professional for that, even though sometimes I wonder if I am replying to someone with only a couple of brain cells (was that you?)

If this isn't about you, please accept my apologies, and be my guest to an open invitation to view properties in Aragon.

Please send me a PM and prove your identity if you dont want to reveal yourself,, I would love to show you the area where we sell, but unfortunately, we are on holiday over the Christmas and New Year period. Possibly my Spanish business partner would be able to see you in between her Spanish clients while I am away on holiday.

Please let me me know.
Jools
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2008 at 3:01am by »  

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Hiya Nen,

Sorry you decided to delete your last post, but never mind.

Just got home from an Aragon fiesta..........ooooooopppppppsssss .......I shouldn't mention that part of Spain on this forum, apparently it upsets some of the members, maybe this is why there are literally 1000's of members on other forums, and only 157 on this one, because if you speak about THINGS which upset the "ex-pat locals", they get awfully upset, and think people are getting at them personally, instead of trying to help them!

Nothing obviously going on in Sale Nobrot, talk to you soon.

Elfitis, lets not get into a heated debate like last year (broom cupboards are still spacious at 3M2)

Happy Christmas everyone, it sounds like you have to be PRO-CATALUNYA on this forum to be allowed to write on it, so if you have to say something to the contrary, do it quickly before your opinion is registered and probably deleted.

Jools

Jools

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
Jools...........It's your uncle Nobrot speaking....stop banging on about this land of milk and honey,paradise,nirvana,east of middle earth,call it what you may that you flog houses in every time someone mentions the word 'casa,house,land,dwelling,living etc etc'.Leave us all to wallow in our own misery and self pity. We chose Catalonia because we liked it,if we'd have liked Aragon I'm sure we'd have all moved there.The only other thing I can think to stop this is for us all to sell up and give you a ring,we could then all share your commisions and we could all skip off down the lane whislting a happy tune...or start your own forum for like minded people.

XX
Hi Uncle Nobrot/Rotnob,
Knock knock, bang bang, hello, tap tap, any other excuse to make anyone listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT SAYING THIS TO MAKE PEOPLE BUY IN ARAGON .... WE HAVE ENOUGH CLIENTS WHO HAVE DONE THEIR OWN HOMEWORK AND COME DIRECTLY TO US. WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO, IS TO STOP OTHER PEOPLE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES AS US...........IS THAT SUCH A PROBLEM?????

You dont have to make sarcastic remarks about business/commission/work or whatever, just because you live/or have a finca within the "bow bells" of Tortosa in Catalunya...............ARE YOU GOING TO PUBLICLY TELL MEMBERS OR NEW READERS A DIFFERENT STORY?..................

Anyone is entitled to know the facts.........................

BUT I'm sure I will be told differentl...............

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Hi Jols,
Bugger all happening in Sale I'm afraid,can't say I miss the place,possible the Kentucky Fried Chicken ( and that wasn't a sarcastic comment to fan the flames of fast food....)

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Hi Nen
Yours only went up 3 times, well mine went up 7 putting it on the same value as our next door neighbours flat in Barcelona.
Anyway first thing I did was go and visit my estate agen (yes the same one that everyone complains about) and she was very helpful, looking at the paper work for me, finding out where there were incorrect calculations and telling me that my next step was to go to BASE (which I knew) and detailing me with what I should say. 
So next top was BASE -
No help at all - usual thing, not interested, yes that it correct, for the land also (for which I receive as you a separate charge), there has been an increase this year, etc, etc.
Not happy I went up to the local adjuntament to complain and they were very helpful, stating that there was something wrong and could I go back tomorrow when the secretary would be there.
So next day I returned and there were three letters on ajuntament headed paper waiting for my signature, one for the ajuntament itself, one for BASE and one for Tarragona.  The letters basically said that the calculations were wrong and asking for a hold to be put on paying the tax until things had been sorted out.  I was instructed to send the one to Tarragona by certified postage and to take and hand over the one to BASE personally with a copy for them to stamp saying that they had received it.  There was also a copy of each for my own records.
Next day down to BASE to hand in the letter.  The chap there took it, looked at in and handed it back refusing to stamp. 
So back to the ajuntament and explaining that BASE had refused it, but it appeared that the guy in BASE had phoned and said that he needed the ajuntament themselves to write to them, and this she had done.
So, now we wait to see what happens next.  I will keep you posted.  In the meantime I suggest that you might go into the ajuntament and see if things are actually correct, although I know that there has been an increase this year.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:23am
Print Post  
thank you jools and tony  Smileyi am  not complaining about the taxes i think they are very low as the average in the uk is around 1500 pounds pr property.all i wonted to find out is if anyone as had taxes on land and property go up  by as much as 3 times.maybe its just the village we  live in i dont know.anyway lets forget it dont matter anymore i am  Cool regards nen...  and jools i would love to know were aragon is Wink

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #29 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
i would love to know were aragon is Wink

Isn't it obvious? "First star to the left and straight on till morning"

IP Logged