Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Delta Park Restaurant (Read 2713 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Delta Park Restaurant
Dec 8th, 2008 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Located  on the N340 between L'Aldea and l'Ampolla on the left hand side of the road just after the reclamation yard with the big yellow crane, and just before the lady with the white plastic chair!

The restaurant is self service, buffet style, but with traditional Spanish meals, the dishes are laid out in course order and the selection is very varied!!

The starters included oysters, prawns, mussels, squid, octopus, salmon, tortilla, various salads, bread  olives and of course cold sliced meats etc.

The mains consisted of 3 different versions of paella, 3 varieties of  baked fish, and the choice of chicken, pork, beef , and various sausages

The postres were typical Spanish with creme catalan being predominant, though there were profiteroles, apple tarts, chocolate rolls and swiss rolls

All the food was tasty well cooked and hot where necessary, the restaurant was relatively busy but it was easy to get a table early on in the afternoon

With wine and after diner coffee it worked out about €18.50  per head
If you are a big eater you could keep going back for more

Nice place warm welcome good food, well in my opinion anyway!

But I am sure we will get the food Police and the H&H brigade warning of the dire consequences of food being kept warm over steamers

Anyone else been there? it would be nice to have some other reviews!!

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Delta Park Restaurant
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 11:31am
Print Post  
I've been several times.  It used to be a typical menu - various courses etc. and not too bad but about a year ago became a 'free buffet'.  I went once on a week day and wasn't impressed - with a free buffet you need a lot of people there or the food gets a bit stale.  I haven't been back since but have noticed that during the week they have a sign outside saying menu del dia - not sure if they have a choice in the week?

Other places to try on the N340 are Pla D'En Roca (opposite Delta Park). They do a regular menu del dia and, on a Sunday, a really good selection for (from memory) 16 euros - I go there every few weeks on a Sunday - you need to reserve a table though!  Also, Ma Des - by the side of the Petro Cat petrol stations close to L'Ampolla - another good place for a Sunday lunch - about the same price as Pla D'En Roca.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
You off Kebabs now Stuart?  I see you are broadening your horizons restaurant wise,which i am sure will please Tony.
Smiley

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Hi Rob

Thats it for a while now finished entertaining guests so meals out will be few and far between!

As for your last comment, no there is no pleasing some folk!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top