Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gas fridge (Read 1564 times)
Nobrot
Ex Member

Gas fridge
Sep 7th, 2009 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Can any budding Einsteins (seeing as he invented the method of cooling) tell me which gas is better to use as a heat source for the fridge burner...
We used to use butane but it required regular cleaning,we have now been using propane for over a year.It burns hotter and the fridge seems a lot colder, it's cheaper and doesn't require cleaning.The fridge is perfectly level.
Is there a safety issue here....

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Re: Gas fridge
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you have answered it yourself!!

We always used propane without trouble, it would use a bottle every 3 weeks which was exactly on spec vs the plate on the back.
It's a Tall Taver with icebox.

In hot weather it would struggle to keep decently cold. I put a 22mm copper pipe just above the exhaust and led it out through the wall which reduced the pong and excess heat a bit.

Sold it recently when new kitchen installed. Have put in an A+ rated electric fridge and it uses very little juice, 120watt when running which is not very often. Don't notice it amongst the other appliances.

Wouldn't go back to gas now.

IP Logged

adrienne

Forum newbie

Re: Gas fridge
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Can you tell me if you are on mains electric or generator as we have been toying with the idea of changing to an electric fridge instead of our gas one. We are on a generator and were wondering if an electric fridge would cost more to run.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top