Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Spanish drivers (Read 2486 times)
spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Spanish drivers
Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
A new study by the RACE motoring organisation shows that more than 40% of the pedestrians who die in traffic accidents in Spain are hit when they fail to use a pedestrian crossing to cross a road. With 14 deaths per 1 million inhabitants, Spain holds second place in Europe for the number of pedestrians killed on the roads every year – Slovenia holds the top position.

Another factor to come out of the study is that a third of pedestrians who cross at lights do so when the light is on red.
The age group most at risk is the over 65s, who count for 4 in every 10 pedestrians killed on Spanish roads.

Drivers also have their part of the blame: the RACE study, which covered 20 Spanish cities, shows that 1 in every 4 drivers fails to stop at a pedestrians crossing. The figures however vary considerably across the country: drivers in A Coruña, Galicia are the most respectful of those on foot, where 96% would pull up and allow a pedestrian to cross the road.
In Murcia, on the other hand, RACE notes that more than 40% of drivers do not give way.

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Spanish drivers
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Its a wonder no one gets knocked down at the Corona Hotel roundabout pedestrian crossings ,what with the Fuel delivery Lorries, Old drivers using the old Roundabout rules and Young drivers doing the opposite scooter ignoring all the rules, no one indicating to exit  and the crossings being so close to the roundabout its an accident waiting to Happen Sad Sad

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
spanishcatfishing wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:34pm:
A new study by the RACE motoring organisation shows that more than 40% of the pedestrians who die in traffic accidents in Spain are hit when they fail to use a pedestrian crossing to cross a road.

This means that 60% die whilst on a crossing....... Sad
I dont think that I will use the crossings anymore Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Has anybody actually tried stopping for pedestrians at a Zebra crossing in Tortosa ?

Nobody else does and if/when you do, you get some truly unbelievably dirty looks from the people you stop for.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
No One's mentioned the age old art of 'Cutting up'.The women here are utter proffesionals,I saw one yesterday and rightly so was applauded by the affected wagon driver,a truly classic manoeuvre.Another coat of paint and there would have been blood.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
JUST CHILL MAN[/size][size=36]

hey go with the flow
kill em if in  the way
sorry had lunch in the bar locale again,,,,,just got back, and this time it was free, cos i'm a nice guy?

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top