Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Emergency calls (Read 4301 times)
Dusty
Ex Member

Emergency calls
Apr 8th, 2010 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Does anyone have information or guidance as to how we direct emergency services i.e. ambulance to a house in the campo, that obviously does not have named road. A group of us are compiling contact information so that we can help each other should the need arise. I understand in the UK the ambulance will respond to a grid reference. Does anyone know if this is the same here? Is the grid reference the same as on google earth for example?

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Emergency calls
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:30am
Print Post  
I'd suggest to go to the authorities to discuss this, ie. the adjuntament. I have been told that ambulances won't automatically go 'off road' ie. unmetallled road or to areas that are not classed as urbanisations so it would make sense to get some clarity on this.
Perhaps someone who has some experience of calling out an ambulance could shed some light on this?

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Hi. An ambulance will come onto the campo, no problems, give them your poligon and parcella number they use satnav, we know from experience.
              Terry and Sandra.

IP Logged

jellybaby
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
If you have satnav get your GPS co-ordinates also as they have GPS in emergency vehicles.
jellybaby

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
If you haven't got a GPS receiver, you need to find a way of finding out what yours are.  I've been trying to do this on the internet but don't know if I'm doing it right.  If there's anyone out there who can check these figures for me, I can explain how I got them.  The following are the numbers I got for the middle of the Millenium Bridge in Tortosa :-  E 290.291,8 m - N 4.520.152,5 m

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top