Apr 23rd, 2010 at 5:26pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Back to the UK ?
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Well I can't comment on this woman's experience. We are a family of four and we returned to the UK after 2 years in Spain. We didn't claim housing benefit but I was promptly offered help with tax credits whilst we went about setting up our business again and I re-claimed child benefit without any problems ( unlike many British I cancelled this when I left the UK as you are not entitled to it whilst abroad.) Yes, we were classed as having come from abroad but we HAD come from abroad! All it means is a different office deal with your claim and this may include ensuring that you haven't been making any illegal claims whilst you were away or owe money to the Council etc.  Another family we know returned to the UK after 7 years living in Spain and they were also well looked after and provided with assistance until they got back on their feet. My own personal experience, and I'm not talking for others, is that I feel well looked after by the state since returning to the UK. I am thankful for the help I have had!

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: Back to the UK ?
Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
WOW!

23 years living in Spain, what a culture shock, she's obviously more Spanish than English and surely must speak fluent Spanish..................lots of opportunities there then to teach Spanish to the next exodus from the UK........ Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top