Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Vivienda (Read 3637 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Vivienda
Jun 3rd, 2010 at 11:09am
Print Post  
If a Casa was sold with the title deeds showing it to be a Vivienda how come it is now illegal to live in it?

This Government or the Civil servants interpreting the law are living in denial!

Do they think that the young generation of Catalans are going to be interested in Taking on Granpas Finca, keeping the land clean and Harvesting the crops what ever they are, instead of a well paid job and living in a modern Piso in Town

They need to wake up and realise that an influx of foreigners who want to live a rural life,is possibly the only hope for the land to remain clean and cultivated especially after the grants disappear in 2013.

If they do not realise this they will end up with a wilderness of overgrown fincas and fallen down casas.

But Hey thats may be what they want!!

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Vivienda
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
It is an interesting point and I would be interested to know what the government plans are in terms of agriculture in this area. They have invested quite a lot in the irrigation programme, presumably so that a more diverse variety of crops can be grown.
The small parcela system in this part of Catalunya is not conducive to large scale agriculture and is not profitable.
In the 'old days' people lived very frugally but I have only witnessed a few people over 70 who continue to farm their small parcelas in this way. Most of the vine and olive growers that you see out there now have second jobs. Some are builders, electricians, run pubs. They may make their own wine and sell it locally or use the olive oil for their families. They continue to do this because the land has been handed down and it is still part of their culture. However as people leave their Pueblo or get jobs that are not conducive to this second job then the land is sold or abandoned.
As I see it either the government encourage people to take it over or facilitate larger organisations to buy multiple parcelas for single crop use that would yield higher profits.
This would change the look and shape of the land as vinegrowers would inevitable do large landscaping works to make their job easier and more profitable.
The beauty of these areas is the patchwork effect that is gained from the small parcelas, each growing a different crop. The 'dry' agriculture of the olives, grapes and almonds is also environmentally friendly as they can survive without irrigation, or minimal irrigation.

If anyone knows what the government has in mind to promote the use of this land in a sustainable way then I would be interested to hear and it would make a good article for either the Olive Press or Chroniccat.

For my part I think the Ebre region is really missing out on potential tourism that would breathe new life into the area and provide jobs. They seem to promote the area for rural tourism but only to other Catalans  and Spanish.
The British have breathed new life into Perello but what have they got in return?
The local government could be using these contacts to facilitate tourism but alas their fear of foreigners has worked against them.
Yes Catalunya, we appreciate your culture, history, food, national spirit but remember that all these things will only hold you back if you don't open your heart and spirit to other cultures. People will begin to resent your culture if they do not feel included.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Viking. ChronicCat will definitely take up this story in Tales from the Ebro Valley.
Have you heard about these schemes:
* that Catalans that fled  Catalunya in the civil war to South America can return with assisted passage and cash help if they will LIVE and farm the rural abandoned areas;
* also poor South Americans with agreements with Spain have a similar offer where they are allegedly persuaded to move to agricultural areas where no one else wants to live providing they farm the land with grants.

Besides isn't that what most Expats are doing? Living where the new generation "townies" don't want to live. Enjoying the oil , the deciduous fruit for preserves and chutney kitchen-garden industry and roasted almonds!
RosieReay
Existing olive or agricultural grants is why the folk with a primary non-agricultural job keep the secondary "fiesta money" job going as  weekend farmers - similar to an alotment as I see it.

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Hi. Good to hear you will take this up.
How many Spanish ex pats will take up this offer I wonder!
So basically what I take from this is that the British and other Eu Citizens, such as the Dutch are discriminated against?
I say this on the assumption that we are not included in this plan?
So can I assume that Spain/Catalunya only want relatively wealthy Brits / EU citizens who will live by the coast. The ones with less money who would like to live in the Campo and cultivate the land cannot be trusted to do so?
Why are we being treated with such distain! Some of our not so distant ancestors ( of many nations ) died out there trying to rid the place of fashism, ( sorry can't spell it ) need I say more?!!!

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
hear hear,all these things you guys have just said i said weeks ago! it is all just common sense to do what we brits want to do in catalunya,we were all tidying the place up nicely for a few years there ,now god only knows what is going to happen to everybody,their homes and their lifestyle,
maybe we should just all leave and let the place fall apart,the place is full of bl***y bandits at the moment anyway thievin off everybody,thats something that needs sorted,first it was the estate agents now its the romanians!
catalunya get your act together!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Why go to all that expense repatriating someone all the way from South America supporting them with grants and hand outs when they have people who have already  paid to come to spain, have bought property and land, don't bleed the state with social security claims, pay their own way , pay for cat salut, buy from builders merchants, solar suppliers, plumbers merchants, agricultural suppliers and generally spend money at local shops.

Its because we aren't Catalunyan, Racist I call it !!

Have they forgotten already the French Dutch Brits and many other nationals that fought by their sides in the Civil war against Fascism !! Angry

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
hear hear,all these things you guys have just said i said weeks ago! it is all just common sense to do what we brits want to do in catalunya,we were all tidying the place up nicely for a few years there ,now god only knows what is going to happen to everybody,their homes and their lifestyle,
maybe we should just all leave and let the place fall apart,the place is full of bl***y bandits at the moment anyway thievin off everybody,thats something that needs sorted,first it was the estate agents now its the romanians!
catalunya get your act together!

Here!Here!
Why don't they repatriate them back to Romania? If they cant live a decent civil life in Spain hoist them back across the borders or chuck them in the army and send them out to Afghanistan -let them tread the paths in front of our soldier sons and daughters!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top