Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 cedula de habitabilidad (Read 9013 times)
ColinB
Ex Member

cedula de habitabilidad
Dec 7th, 2008 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Has anyone obtained one of these recently in this area? 

An indication of price paid and organisation used (gestor? architect?) or whatever would be gratefully received.......

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Re: cedula de habitabilidad
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
someone sent me a pm but I deleted it before answering.  NO I haven't had any response to my post.  It seems no one has applied for a C de H or if they have, they're not saying anything about the process.

IP Logged

ginestargal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
dont know if this will help but let us know how you get on ;http://www.cedulahabitabilidad.com/cedula_html.html Cool

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Colin.
Read this it may helphttp://www.livespainforlife.com/Property/Sellingyourproperty/tabid/139/language/...
But it seems to refer to electricity connections.
As i told you, I was told they will never issue a C De H for Rustic Fincas.
We saw a solicitor before Christmas for this very same subject and he said we needed one but didnt know if we'd get one, he thought it would be a local decision and we'd have to get an architect.
                       Terry

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks both.  Will revert after the Season and when I have something to add.

IP Logged

AgentX
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Hello everyone

In Catalunya, my personal experience is that a cédula de habitabilidad (have you tried saying it?) is now needed when you sell any property that is registered as a dwelling (vivienda) at the Land Registry (Registro de la Propiedad) - regardless of whether it is an apartment, a townhouse... or a country property.

If you don't have it, the Land Registry cannot register the property and the notary -at least the ones I deal with- will not conduct the sale.

In some towns and villages, you may need a cédula for a rental contract, so that the tenant can register as a resident (empadronamiento) at the local council.

And of course you usually need the cédula to contract mains services too.

If the building doesn't meet habitation standards, an alternative certificate can be issued, stating that if work xxxx were carried out, a cédula could be issued. This won't be any good for contracting mains services of course, but in my experience, it will enable you to sell the property.

If I remember rightly the last cédula I had done cost around 350 euros*. Cédulas can be issued by an architect or an 'aparejador' (technical architect/surveyor), who inspects the property and draws up a simple plan and fills in a form. This is then stamped by the official architects'/aparejadors' association.

*I use an aparejador.

The form then goes to the local Consell Comarcal for processing, and is (if I remember correctly) sent to the Departament d'Habitatge in Barcelona. In Tortosa at any rate, this is the longest part of the process - takes at least three weeks. The next time I need one in a hurry I'll take it the form to Barcelona myself...

A few months back, a client of mine had a cédula de habitabilidad issued when she sold her finca, as the building on it was classed as a dwelling on the Catastro. That way the buyer was able to get the building registered as a dwelling at the Land Registry - useful indeed.

Anyway I hope this helps someone out there and is not too tedious...

AgentX

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Very Informative indeed Agent X, and yes I have had it confirmed by an estate agent that without one of these certificates you will not be able to sell your property as a residential unit, and therefore risk the property being de valued in the process

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
When friends of ours applied for Epadraments in Jesus, approx. two years ago,  they were told they needed the cedula de habitabiliad, before any would be issued with them.
This took extra time and money!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Can we clear up exactly what a "Epadraments" is and what (if any) other names it goes by. ?  When we moved in, we went to the local town hall with our NIE's and escatura (spelling ?) etc and were issued with a piece of paper that was needed for paying our council tax.  We got registered with BASE and started paying our taxes.  A couple of years later, we got a letter from the Hacienda saying we weren't properly registered on the Land Registry computer system and had to take all our documents up to Tarragona.  My Catalan being zero, I asked the solicitor who did our conveyancing to sort it for me.  He had to get copies of certificates from two offices in Amposta and the total bill came to just under €300.  I'm assuming that we're now completely above board.
I recently applied for my Certificado de Residencia for which I needed my "Padron" and then discovered that they only last for three months.
Furthermore, when I asked about getting a name change on our electricity bills, I was told I need to go to the "Comarcal" ? in Amposta who told me I'd need to get inspected by an architect which would cost about €800.  Happlily, the previous owner had the same P/O box as the one we took over so guess what ?  I still get my bills in the post but in the name of the previous owner (you ain't seen me right !!!)  Flippin' minefield or what. !! The frustrating thing is that despite exhaustive serches, I've never found a complete list in laymen's terms of exactly what documentation and procedures etc., you need to be legal here.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Sorry I missed this thread and posted a new one at http://www.tortosaforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1270556098

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Sep 4th, 2009 at 9:30pm:
Can we clear up exactly what a "Epadraments" is and what (if any) other names it goes by. ?  When we moved in, we went to the local town hall with our NIE's and escatura (spelling ?) etc and were issued with a piece of paper that was needed for paying our council tax.  We got registered with BASE and started paying our taxes.  A couple of years later, we got a letter from the Hacienda saying we weren't properly registered on the Land Registry computer system and had to take all our documents up to Tarragona.  My Catalan being zero, I asked the solicitor who did our conveyancing to sort it for me.  He had to get copies of certificates from two offices in Amposta and the total bill came to just under €300.  I'm assuming that we're now completely above board.
I recently applied for my Certificado de Residencia for which I needed my "Padron" and then discovered that they only last for three months.
Furthermore, when I asked about getting a name change on our electricity bills, I was told I need to go to the "Comarcal" ? in Amposta who told me I'd need to get inspected by an architect which would cost about €800.  Happlily, the previous owner had the same P/O box as the one we took over so guess what ?  I still get my bills in the post but in the name of the previous owner (you ain't seen me right !!!)  Flippin' minefield or what. !! The frustrating thing is that despite exhaustive serches, I've never found a complete list in laymen's terms of exactly what documentation and procedures etc., you need to be legal here.

Hi Bigyin
Its basically a money making machine for catalan solicitors gestors architects and any other hangers on that tell you total B o ll o cks just to put the fear of god into you so that you will pay like a bleeting sheep they must laugh all the the way to the bank, in england if you were a romanian a bangladeshi or a dutchman they would translate all the paperwork into your native language and help you through every step of the way and probably pay some of your bills on the way but not here Ohhhh Nooo Not Here and Yes Tony I don't Like It and will eventually piss off somewhere else and stop moanin

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Hazlenut,
Thank you for having the courage to state the true facts,that I think many people have known for a long time,but chose to ignore !
I get the impression that many people would have still purchased their property regardless,but obviously at the much lower price, of what is in effect just farmland.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Hi fatphil if you payed more than €4000 an acre you were done and they know it!!

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Yip, I think we should all just leave Catalunya...

I have just taken out an option on a casa in Alicante and the estate agent there has never heard of the Cedula story!

(The Catalan character is charactarised as a bit of a cartoon in Spain...).
At least my children won't be forced to speak a language they hardly even use in the Universties here...

It's simple, "if you want Spanish hospitality, go to Spain" you won't find it in Catalunya - I would have paid for this advice prior to settling in Catalunya...

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Hi all,is catalunya such a rich place that they dont need our money,i find it very frustrating that they put so many barriers in everybodys way when they need to do something ,i have recently visited the area after a few years away and found it much quieter ,not so many brits about,and fuel,food general stuff wow! are they trying to buy themselves out of recession with fuel tax,i think they may be copying the uk,
simple things like going out for a coffee has even become expensive i can understand why the brits are coming home,cedulas aside ,i think there is a lot more to worry about , Undecided
catalunya is not exactly trying to encourage investment with all the barriers they put up,and why is it that a person from the uk is treated like a second class citizen in the country ,when every tom dick and harry can come to the uk and is entitled to every benefit going Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top