Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
 25 Cedula de Habitabilidad (Read 78563 times)
Greg
Ex Member

Cedula de Habitabilidad
Apr 6th, 2010 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Thanks to Nigel for allowing this link.

This is relevant to anyone trying to sell a property registered as a vivienda and listed on the Catastro in the Baix Ebre area.  As many people will already be aware an amendment to an existing law requiring properties to have a Cedula de Habitabilidad for sale or rental now means that almost all rural properties are no longer able to obtain this document.  This means that, even if you are lucky enough to find a buyer, you will not be able to sell your house.  This doesn't apply to properties registered as Almacén's as, strictly speaking, these are not supposed to be used as dwellings.

This blog has been set up in order for people to read and contribute their experiences, create awareness of the scale of the problem, keep abreast of developments and hopefully find out about any possible resolution.

http://ceduladehabitabilidad.wordpress.com/

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Re: Cedula de Habitabilidad
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Greg,
          Am I right in thinking that from now on if you own a property in tha area you can't sell it -full stop.Does this apply to residents/locals/non residents and is it only in the campo.If this is the case then most estate agents and almost all builders/reformers in the area may as well pack up and go on the dole.

IP Logged

eden
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
The Agents will still go on selling HOUSES in the campo as most of them are illegal houses built with Almacen licences. You do not need a Cedula de Habitabilidad to sell an Almacen.  Unsuspecting Brits etc will still buy Almacens thinking they are buying a house as that is how most of them are advertised on the internet.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

nicson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Can anyone shed any light on the difference between 'Vivienda' and 'Casa' with regards to this legislation, as Vivienda seems to be the reference causing the difficulties. Our finca is registered as a Casa and we would like to know whether we will require this new paperwork if we were to sell.
Thanks,

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 11:42am
Print Post  
An escritura for campo properties should either state 'vivienda', 'casa de campo' or 'almacén' - an almacén is not supposed to be lived in, so therefore doesn't need a cedula de habitabilidad but both vivienda's and casa de campo's are allowed to be used as dwellings and therefore require a cedula de habitabilidad to sell or rent.

In answer to briand6868 this new law is affecting everyone regardless of nationality or residential status and yes, at the moment, if you have a vivienda or casa de campo in the Baix Ebre region you will not get a cedula de habitabilidad and notaries are unable to proceed with any sale without one.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 8:34am
Print Post  
From TV3 news on 12th April:
http://www.3cat24.cat/video/2832750

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Any chance of a rough translation?

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 11:19am
Print Post  
The background on this is that TV3 approached El Perello Ajuntament for an interview about the fact so many Brits are leaving and almost none arriving in this region.  They pointed TV3 in the direction of Maxine who spoke about the rising euro meaning incomes from sterling pensions were reduced.

She also brought up the subject of Cedula's which the Gerard (a German estate agent) talked about further.  The key point he spoke about was that people had bought legal properties approved by notaries, banks & solicitors but, because of the cedula situation, are now effectively illegal because people are unable to sell.

The ridiculous thing is that the properties are not illegal, they just cannot be sold, which makes them essentially worthless until/if this situation changes.

As a further note of warning many people are being told by estate agents, solicitors and architects that they are able to obtain cedula's.  These people should be treated with great caution as it is simply not the case and anyone saying a cedula can be obtained for a rural property is either unaware of the situation or is not being honest.

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
mmm... this sounds to me once again like typical Catalan Social Engineering -something they love doing.

In order to stop the drain of money and people back to the UK, due to all the brits selling up, they setup this ridiculous "certificate", thereby stopping all the brits and others from selling...

Food for thought...

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 8:39am
Print Post  
I finally worked out what the Catalan Government wants to happen!!!
They want all the Brits, Dutch, Germans, French, Welsh Scots and Irish (sorry if I missed anyone out) to Leave the country !!

They only came here to build a better life for themselves, and improve the land tend the trees improve the properties by spending tens of 1000's on refurbishing them and installing bathrooms and bedrooms and electricity and Septicos.

And of course during the process buying from local builders merchants, plumbing suppliers, solar suppliers, electrical suppliers and improving the economy by spending at shops and supermarkets!!

The Foreign owners now have no other choice than to sell their property as almacens!! and of course at reduced prices possibly even as low as they were bought for!

Then the locals will take advantage of the situation and buy the property for a song!!

Having now bought the property without a Cedulah they then apply for a Cedulah, and surprise surprise they will get one!! and then the property will double in value

Am I right or am I right

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
That's it Hazel, and in a few years they will sell the properties back to the foreigners at inflated prices. Remember councelors also own property...

Here is the guy we should talk to: The MEP for Catalunya - would love to chat to him about my rights to live on my piece of land!

See:
http://www.ebro.tv/video/A-Day-in-the-Life-of-an-MEP-Pet

Please comment on the video and share it and the MEPs name with all...   Wink Wink

If you have any visual material on this matter, please upload it too! Lets start making some noise...

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Jislaaik: Thanks for the link - I've emailed him and another UK based MEP called Marta Andreasen and will post any response on the blog.  A 'What can you do?' list can be found here:

http://ceduladehabitabilidad.wordpress.com/what-can-you-do/

Hazelnut:  Interesting theory - did you hear JFK was shot by John Lennon and Princess Diana killed Marilyn Monroe!  Strange but true...

IP Logged

sue100
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
We are presently halfway through the process of getting this for our property. The technico is due tomorrow to draw the plan, which I am assured is the last phase of the process, and I should get the Cedula in approx 3 weeks, for a total cost of 125 euros.

Our property is described as a rustic finca. and is approx 3 kms outside of the local village. I will let you know how this progresses, and then detail the process we have gone through to get it, if we are successful. Undecided

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Look forward to your update Sue, our prop is classed as a rustico, we are suposed to be coming out on Sun for hols, thats if Ryanair are flying.

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Skibob...don't hold your breath re Ryanair flights.

Sue....Good luck with sorting your Cedula out and please update us on how you get on.

Debbie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top