Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
 25 Cedula de Habitabilidad (Read 78649 times)
Greg
Ex Member

Re: Cedula de Habitabilidad
Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Update

There's an advert due in next month's Olive Press magazine http://www.theolivepress.eu/businessdirectory.html#land from mtcb ARQUITECTES saying:

‘Confused about the need for a Cedula de habitabilidad?’
‘Have you been told that you can’t sell your property without one?’

This isn't as straightforward as it sounds but might be a solution for some - go to:
http://ceduladehabitabilidad.wordpress.com/latest-news/
for more information.

I've also heard back from the Catalan Ombudsman and the details can be found at the link above.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Sterling effort Greg  and thanks for all the updates

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Sounds like someone else trying to cash in on our misery, ie. the architects!!!

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 5th, 2010 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately there has been no progress with the cedula situation although there are rumours that pressure is building and that the ex-mayor of El Perello is taking some sort of legal action against habitatge in Tortosa who are causing this problem.

In the meantime the name and email address for the person responsible for this farce is below. Feel free to drop him a line - although he'll probably just ignore your email or quote the law back at you, it'll be worth filling up his inbox with complaints.  It may also be worth cc the other email which is the Barcelona office.

Sr Agustí Bel Beltran
email: a.bel@gencat.cat
cc: HABITATGE.DMAH@gencat.cat

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 5th, 2010 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Could we not organize a petition via the the forum?

IP Logged

piolin
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 5th, 2010 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Hi all
What about selling the land and giving the house away free ?
That way you could go ahead with a sale...
I think with the Spanish rules changing and persecuting the ex-pats every 10 mins, finding a buyer will be by fare the biggest problem.
It seems that never a week go's by without the tv showing some one else's home going under the bulldozer somewhere in Spain ? which I don't think is good for house sale's.
Most people would not consider putting money into anything that looks even a bit dodge..remember the Northern Rock fiasco ? and look what happened there.
No I don't think house  sale's with or without a "Cedula" are going to pick up any time soon......sure hope I'm wrong.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 5th, 2010 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Do we know if Beltran is an electee or is he an appointed staff member.  If the former then presumably the mayor is his boss, if the latter then his boss must be ...  where/who?

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 5th, 2010 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
I should have looked before asking. His position is shown here    http://mediambient.gencat.net/Images/43_83228.pdf ... see page 6.   So he has a boss !

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 9th, 2010 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Hi folks, Thanks to all for recommending Ian the builder, we agree he is a great lad and going to do just what we wanted, with some local suggestions.

A sad tale follows...Unfortunately, having arrived on the late flight at Reus, we arrived at our property to find our caravan had been cleaned out, they took everything , inc battery, small solar panel, but left the gas bottle, all our clothes, shoes, old working boots, cutlery, bed linen.  Strangely, but not the air bed, pans or glasses. To the thief's credit they left it clean and tidy and locked the door after 'em!!  How odd is that?  We spent the rest of the week looking at passers-by clothing trying to spot our t- shirts and boots!

We still had a great week and look forward to seeing the building progressing in July.

In the meantime, if anyone is going to Barhaus or Leroy Merlin, please check out the metal door with the wood effect at 99euros and get the size, we have forgotten it and Ian needs to know!

Thanks

Bob

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 12th, 2010 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Just to let anyone who hasn't seen the post about the British Consulate visiting El Perelló on May 25:

http://www.tortosaforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1273573997

The subject is pensions but the more people there bringing up the cedula situation the better.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #25 - May 12th, 2010 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We are presently halfway through the process of getting this for our property. The technico is due tomorrow to draw the plan, which I am assured is the last phase of the process, and I should get the Cedula in approx 3 weeks, for a total cost of 125 euros.

Our property is described as a rustic finca. and is approx 3 kms outside of the local village. I will let you know how this progresses, and then detail the process we have gone through to get it, if we are successful. Undecided

Good luck with the Cedulah I hope everything goes well for you!!

And thanks very much for collecting the grey pipes it makes a change for people to do what they say they will!!

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I recently wrote to Nick Clegg about the cedula issue following a meeting he had with Zapatero last week. I copied the email to the Vice Consul, Mark Smithson, and received the reply below:

"Thank you very much for your email.

Although your email is not addressed to me I thought I should make you aware of the steps we have taken since we last spoke on the phone.

On May 17, Andrew Gwatkin, Consul General, Manuel Vallve and myself met with Mr Joan-Vianney M. Arbeola i Rigau, Generalitat de Catalunya’s Head of the department for housing and the environment for the province of Tarragona. In that meeting we raised our concerns for the impact law 18/2007 (DOGC 5044) is having on British Nationals who in the absence of a “cedula de habitabilidad” are now unable to sell their properties. Mr Arbeola promised to inform the Catalan minister for Housing and environment of the situation. Since then, we have been in contact with the Generalitat de Catalunya and we are in the process of arranging a meeting with the Mr Baltassar, Catalan minister for housing and the environment. When this meeting takes place we will ask the minister for what advice should be given to British nationals who are no longer able to sell their properties. I will be in contact with you once the meeting has taken place to update you on the latest advice from the Generalitat. In the meantime, we would advice you to seek legal advice."

Whether anything more will be done remains to be seen but it's encouraging the Consul General is now involved and speaking to the people who actually have the power to sort this mess out. I also replied saying that the meeting between Carme Trilla and the API at the beginning of June had solved nothing for the vast majority of properties.

ps - Great post by Nigel on The Telegraph website (7th comment down) for anyone who hasn't seen it.  Makes worrying reading for Spain but they still carry on in glorious denial. Two words..deckchairs, Titanic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/7831117/Spain-p...

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Well done Greg for so much hard work that you are doing.

Debbie

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Well done again Greg, nice to know someone is doing something. keep up the good work.

Bob Smiley

IP Logged

Greg
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Thanks to Helen at Rieres in Tortosa for this update:

"We are finally getting a strategy from the collage of API on how to progress the issuing on the Cedula de Habitabilidad. This involves two processes the first is actioned through the appropriate council with the standard "decline form" the second process is through the courts.We are now waiting for the college of API to issue a standard document for all API agents to use. 

We cannot give a time scale as this is ”virgin territory” for all concerned. The thinking is now to bombard the courts and force a change. Remember this is not just for those who wish to sell, a cedula will be required for getting children into school, getting a doctor or connection for electricity water and gas supplies to name a few."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top