Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
British Man Gored During Spanish Bull Run (Read 1892 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

British Man Gored During Spanish Bull Run
Jul 9th, 2010 at 7:56am
Print Post  
A British man has been gored and six others injured during a bull run at a famous Spanish fiesta.

The 43-year-old, who has not been named, has been hospitalised with an injury to his left leg at the event in Pamplona.

A 22-year-old man from Spain was gored in the thorax and is thought to be in a more serious condition.

At least five other people have been taken to hospital after being trampled or falling over during the 850-metre course.

A 48-year-old American, a 33-year-old Israeli and one Spaniard are believed to be among the injured and are being treated for broken bones or bruises.

Thousands of people took part in the dash, which involves tourists and locals running ahead of six fighting bulls as they stampede from a holding pen to a bullring in the town.

Some of the bulls became separated from the pack during the four-minute run which provoked panic.

The bull run, which is broadcast live on television, is part of the nine-day San Fermin fiesta.

Cody Harrington, a 22-year-old American, said he had underestimated the size of the 1,100-pound (500-kilogram) bulls.

"They were about up to my shoulders, and it was intense," he said after taking part in the event.

"Once I saw them running right next to me I got to the side and it was shocking how big they were," he added.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: British Man Gored During Spanish Bull Run
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
idiots......how do you " underestimate " 1/2 ton of solid muscle with 'orns

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: British Man Gored During Spanish Bull Run
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 8:44am
Print Post  
You wouldn't if it was an AC Cobra thundering down on ya with the horns  a blarin I think you would get out of the way!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top