Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
WELL DONE SPAIN!!! (Read 2006 times)
gollums_mate
Ex Member

WELL DONE SPAIN!!!
Jul 12th, 2010 at 12:42am
Print Post  
CONGRATULATIONS SPAIN ON WINNING THE WORLD CUP!!! THOROUGHLY DESERVED. IF ONLY ENGLAND COULD PRODUCE A TEAM WITH HALF AS MUCH QUALITY. I LIVE IN HOPE!  ANYONE KNOW WHETHER THERE WILL BE AN OPEN TOP BUS TOUR FOR THE NEW WORLD CHAMPIONS IN ANY OF OUR MAJOR CITIES i.e. BARCELONA, VALENCIA, ETC.. ANY DETAILS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: WELL DONE SPAIN!!!
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 1:36am
Print Post  
I was in my local bar in Corbera, and for want of better words, just amazed at the response of Spain winning the World Cup!!!!!!!!!

The majority of the people just finished their meals/drinks etc and left, and quite openly announced that 80% of the team was from Barcelona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have many Catalan friends who were with me tonight, but in all honestly I dont want to repeat what they said about Spain's victory.

I am gobsmacked......................and this even proves more that Catalunya is not Spain..............God help us!!!!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Odd isn't it ?   I was also in my local bar and all the people watching, Catalonians (apart from us 4 English) groaned when Spain missed a shot and cheered, 'Espanya' when they scored and at the end of the game. Then the Cava came out and all were clinking glasses and toasting Spain.  It makes me wonder how many actually want independance and how much of it is political hype, and if there are hotbeds of protestation.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Was out with some Canadian clients today and they said they watched the match in Caspe in a square with lots of bars and a big screen, sweets being thrown into the crowd for the kids.

Wish I'd have gone there apparently the atmosphere was electric.

The open top bus was in Madrid this afternoon, doubt whether they would want to insult Barcelona with their presence....... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top