Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 owning a car in Spain (Read 9244 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: owning a car in Spain
Reply #15 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Hi thanks for the link,god its dear here, cheapest thing I saw was a 91 polo at 950 euros ! not going to get many blocks etc in that ? yes drive down seems best(cheapo Transit) Grin but the cost of fuel ,ferry, compaired to flying would be the main prob, plus the 2 1/2 day drive from North Yorks !! anyway still a pipe dream at moment as struggling here let alone the dream  life in Spain,saying that it still does me good to have a few days strimming, but boy was it hot over there last week how do you all cope ?

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
EU law clearly states that a vehicle can be used in another EU country for up to SIX MONTHS before it neads to be registed locally.
Why are the Catalooonians not complying with this law ?

Yes, you are totally right, it is 6 months.

Cataloonies think they can force/bully people into paying them taxes, ha ha, the little Cataloonie wins, unbelievable, sad, retarded and insular, but that is exactly how they are.

Likewise the Cedula......

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #17 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
I've heard that cars have been impounded for 'overstaying'. Anyone know definately if this is true?

IP Logged

phoebedog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #18 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
This is not as simple as it seems, got this off the internet

Foreign registered vehicles which are circulating temporarily in the UK are usually exempt from UK registration and licensing. The exemption (provided under EC Directives) allows foreign vehicles to circulate within the UK without the need to register or pay certain duties in this and limits visits to six months in a twelve month period.
To qualify a visitor must have their normal residence outside the UK and live there for at least 185 days in each calendar year because of personal or occupational ties. The vehicle must also comply with the registration and licensing requirements of its home country and be insured for the duration of its stay in this country.
Anyone whose normal residence is in the UK or whose vehicle has been used in the UK for more than six months in any twelve has to make an application to register and license the vehicle here.
Just to clarify that point – any vehicle that has been used in the UK for more than 6 months in any 12 has to make an application to register the vehicle.

I know this is UK legislation but as it says it is an EU directive so should be the same in Spain even Catelonia.  The crunch is the bit about normal residence to qualify for the exemption from registration.  The moment that you change your residence from UK to Spain this exemption does not apply.  So basically if you live in Spain permanently you should register your car immediatly. Visitors who have not been in Spain for less than 6 months are not affected

Hope this helps

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top