Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Olive prices (Read 11109 times)
NikkiAndMark
Ex Member

Olive prices
Sep 25th, 2010 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Hi I really need to get 10 posts so I can reply to pm's so can anyone tell me what price you get for a kilo of olives  Huh, a kilo of dead fly's  Grin and a kilo of moaning brits Sad lol? This should help me get my 10 posts in

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Re: Olive prices
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
a kilo of olives pays slightly better than a kilo of dead flies but with a lot more work involved Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

NikkiAndMark
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Ooh I don't know, have you tried killing a house full of flies  Angry lol?

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
no no no dont waste you time trying to kill them just wait for them to die and once a week sweep your window sills Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

sujay
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 11:21am
Print Post  
As for the moaning Brits - They have never been worth anything and as there is a glut of them now they are worth less than nothing but I suppose its debatable. Good luck with your posts

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As for the moaning Brits - They have never been worth anything and as there is a glut of them now they are worth less than nothing but I suppose its debatable. Good luck with your posts

well excuse me Huhit depends on what the moan is about  Undecidedare you some sort of saint then and never moan?

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Hi Sujay,
I suppose we can all have a moan on here about certain things and I agree and sometimes it gets very close 'to the bone '
I am assuming that from your comments that you are not British, or am I wrong?

Jools

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Possibly an Aussie,but more likely a South Africkan ?

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
Possibly an Aussie,but more likely a South Africkan ?

HOi! Less of the dig at South Africans. We moan less than the Brits and can talk about other things apart from the weather and flies!

I haven't seen olive prices advertised anywhere yet. However you get a better price if your olives re picked off he trees instead of scraped off the floor.

All things are relative so value depends on number of trees you have.Sometimes it turns out more profitable to just go for the olive oil option for personal use and flog off surplus to tourist or neighbours.

You wont get rich on farming here or elsewhere  in Europe unless you are tied into government subsidies.

Aside: I bet you have never seen so many sizes and types of flies before?

IP Logged

sujay
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 8:01am
Print Post  
I am in this country as a guest and by choice not to tell them what to do, what is right or wrong or what should be done to suit me, but that is just me.
It appears, as is the usual case, that it is mainly the GREEDY and not the needy that do the whingeing and moaning.
There are some that do have a right to complain especially those that have been burgled and not just once, but I think there is a subtle difference here and I do feel for them as for the rest well -  nada

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Of course one has a right to complain when the rules are changed without notice and with what appears to be a planned stealth tax specifically against incomers

As for the recent changes with Cat Salut have the Spanish been caught out yet again flouting EU rules By charging for National Health, we all know if you went to England as an immigrant you would get free Health care straight away!!

IP Logged

Roger
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Which stealth tax is this?

Immigrants cannot take monies from the British public purse for one year upon arrival. Those that do, are filling in forms and using illegal means, they will get caught sooner or later. Something the X Factor has finally been useful for.

You are entitled, as an European, to the same benefits as a Spaniard in Spain. If the benefits are different to Britain, thats the way it falls, but you would receive the same as the Spaniard.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Stealth Tax from the Base claiming Tax on supposedly!! Illegal dwellings that cannot get a Vivienda nor a Cedulah

How can you Tax something that is Not Legal to Live In?

I Think you will find that if a Foreigner to the UK falls ill or has an accident they will be treated free by the British National Health System, I didn't mention any Purse!!

On the News Recently At last a few British Councils are Standing up for what is Morally Correct and refusing to House Asylum seekers and Commercial Immigrants ahead of Brits Officially on the Housing Waiting List, Its about time The Brits Got as Bolshy as the French!!

Quote"You are entitled, as an European, to the same benefits as a Spaniard in Spain. If the benefits are different to Britain, thats the way it falls, but you would receive the same as the Spaniard. " Quote
So Why do we have to Pay Cat Salut for National Health Care, you wouldn't in Britain!

"Thats the way it Falls" Just isn't Good Enough Spain is Supposed to Be In the EU!!

IP Logged

sujay
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Pommie passtime
ThesaurusLegend:  Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
whinge (Informal)
verb
complain, moan, grumble, grouse, gripe (informal), beef (slang), carp, bleat, grizzle (informal, chiefly Brit.), grouch (informal), bellyache (slang), kvetch (U.S. slang) people who whinge about their alleged misfortunes
noun
complaint, moan, grumble, whine, grouse, gripe (informal), grouch, beef (slang) It must be depressing having to listen to everyone's whinges.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd

IP Logged

Roger
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Stealth Tax from the Base claiming Tax on supposedly!! Illegal dwellings that cannot get a Vivienda nor a Cedulah

How can you Tax something that is Not Legal to Live In?

Are you living in an illegal build?

I Think you will find that if a Foreigner to the UK falls ill or has an accident they will be treated free by the British National Health System, I didn't mention any Purse!!

The purse is the benefits system, something that is regularly knocked on here for being too soft. It is also not strictly true that any Tom, Dick or Harry can roll up and get free treatment.
http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Entitlementsandcharges/OverseasVisitors/Brows...
Although to be fair, if someone was in an accident, i am sure it would be acceptable to leave them on the road and not treat dem dere Johnny Foreigner.

On the News Recently At last a few British Councils are Standing up for what is Morally Correct and refusing to House Asylum seekers and Commercial Immigrants ahead of Brits Officially on the Housing Waiting List, Its about time The Brits Got as Bolshy as the French!!

Morally correct mmm? It was more likely an accountancy decision.

Quote"You are entitled, as an European, to the same benefits as a Spaniard in Spain. If the benefits are different to Britain, thats the way it falls, but you would receive the same as the Spaniard. " Quote
So Why do we have to Pay Cat Salut for National Health Care, you wouldn't in Britain!

Obviously not knowing your specific details, i would have thought that you aren't working. If you pay the Spanish equivalent of National Insurance, you wouldn't need Cat Salut. Your NI contributions cover it.

"Thats the way it Falls" Just isn't Good Enough Spain is Supposed to Be In the EU!!

Thats the way it falls, was just another expression of different countries have different ways. Spain is no different than Britain in picking and choosing the rules it wants to apply.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top