Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Reus Airport (Read 9132 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Reus Airport
Nov 12th, 2010 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Does any Airline operator fly into Reus from England between November and March or does the airport just close down!!

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Re: Reus Airport
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 11:07am
Print Post  
I couldnt find any flights to the uk from Reus but Monarch do cheap flights to Manchester from Barcelona. Dont know if that helps

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Jet 2 and Easy Jet do cheap flights but both are to Barcelona Main Airport!!

Surely the airport must make nothing over winter, what was the point of all that investment in a new car park and terminal if they are going to Turn Carriers away!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 11:39am
Print Post  
At least last year he flew to Bristol once a week.Looks like if you want to fly into Reus it might mean a connecting flight,Santander or similar

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
why don't you google     http://www.reus-airport.net/

and find out for yourself?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Thanks Colin

I Did Thank you!!

They will really make their turnover on three flights a day !! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes BEAUVAIS, NIEDERRHEIN, EINDHOVEN

I bet the coffee shop and the Duty free are run off their feet, well they would be at the usual service level!!

As usual with the powers that be in this country they would rather cut their nose off than do a deal for less money, and they wonder why there is 26% unemployment and growing.

Ohh dear there is a Crisis !! I know lets double our prices then we can sell half as much and still make the same money!!

Unfortunately they are now in the next century and people won't put up with extortion !!

Barcelona Main it is then at least Renfe will benefit!!

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
I have checked the website out & no Reus airport is not closed ,flights go there with Ryanair from Paris, Brussles, Dusseldorf & perhaps other places in europe but from nowhere in the UK.  Can somebody tell me why? May be there has been articles about this in the press but we are not here all the time so may have missed them. Undecided

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Ahh thats because the O'lairy has girlfriends in Paris, Brussles, Dusseldorf & perhaps other places in europe but from nowhere in Reus or the UK

Sad Man doesn't he know the best girls are from the the Uk and Reus, especially the ones on the N340

He is missin a trick!!

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Hi Everyone,

After surfing the Internet for flights back to the UK around Xmas time, and taking up my whole Saturday sitting in my pyjamas. I have virtually come to some kind of conclusion.

There are definitely better deals than from Ryanair, it might mean the difference of a train journey from Mora La Nova/Tortosa/Tarragona etc, to get you into Barcelona airport but the end benefits are worth it.

Believe it or not check out flights with British Airways to Lonfon City Airport, if you are near that area.....allocated seat numbers, hot snack and drink on board, 23 KGS OF CHECKED IN LUGGAGE IN THE PRICE, AND HAND LUGGAGE LUGGAGE OF 10KGS , and no piddly extra prices at the cash desk.

Well worth a look.

If you look on this as part of the adventure of going back to the UK every 6 months/a year/2 years.....or in my situation almost 3 years, you can actually make a profit in some aspects.

We have now decided to fly from Barcelona early Christmas  x 3 people, we dont need to take a lot of luggage, so we take the advantage of the large KGS on luggage loading all 'liguid' stuff on the hold luggage (Xmas Cava, spirits they can't buy cheaply at home, salsa brava, and other 'Catalan delicacies, and can you believe it, cartons of caldo and packets of very fine fideua)

Then I come back with lots of new clothes, after an injection of M&S, Matalan, Next etc etc  Lea & perrins sauce, lots of things from 'Costco and Macro' in my 'empty cases'

There are always options if you look for them, and if everybody kicked 'Ryan O'Dreary' in the Gob he would have to react....................................cant think of the name years ago of the famous 'cheap airlines operator', but he didn't last for long either.

The consumor is king, if we dont buy tickets and find another way we win........................ Wink

I for one will not sit around waiting for the 'Paddy Idiot' to declare his latest schedule, holding small Spanish airports and staff to ransom...........................it used to be called 'monopoly of a business sector' but then again, money always did talk, no matter the colour of it or the nationality.

Jools

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 7:35am
Print Post  
It Was Freddy Laker who ran the cheap trans Atlantic Flights no comparison with Mr O Lairy though!!

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Showing your age now Stuart!  I think Sir Feddy was flying Sopwith Camel's between London & New York.  Smiley

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Quite agree Jools,wifey went back last week via Squeezy jet,still not bad value even allowing for a train journey....
Small point though,O'Really;an idiot !!!! not with £700m in the bank he's not

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Ahh but is it the Allied Irish Bank in which case its worthless!!

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Ryanair London flights resume April next year. So at the moment they open flights for 6 months then close for 6 months. Not sure about other UK airports.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ryanair London flights resume April next year. So at the moment they open flights for 6 months then close for 6 months. Not sure about other UK airports.

thay have gone back in time 7 years ago when we moved here they were only doing what thay are doing now summer flights then thay started to fly all year round to reus.i thought we should go onwards and upwards and not back in time Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top