Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Reus Airport (Read 9130 times)
furbydoggie
Ex Member

Re: Reus Airport
Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Jools, Not really liking the "paddy idiot" reference!  Besides, there's lots of choice in airlines out there now - I just pick the cheapest option (allowing for extra transport time and costs).  Have to say tho....it's usually O'Leary & co.  Like him or hate him he's revolutionised short haul EU air transpo.  Like most of you, I remember being fleeced by the national carriers Aer Lingus, BA, Iberia, Air France, Lufthansa etc and paying hundreds of pounds for EU flights over 20 years ago (eg. Dublin-Madrid £450 normally).  Just before the end of season in oct, I paid €22 inc tax and CC fee for a return flight from my local small airport to Reus!  Of course you pay more in summer, easter and public hols - but I've never ever paid more than €120 return and that was booking in high season without much notice (mainly pay under €60). 

On a personal level, I don't like O'Leary or his sneaky business model however I will use Ryanair as long as the price and schedule suit my purposes.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 11:13am
Print Post  
A thing that people may not have considered is Flying with Ryanair Stanstead to Eindhoven Eindhoven to Reus still works out cheaply I am told!!

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Re flying via Eindhoven to Stanstead from Reus. It can be done eg 14/12 return 28/12 for 70€ plus 2 credit card charges plus baggage charges etc. The trouble is the wait at Eindhoven on both legs of the jourmey and the possiblity like today of snow or fog etc ruining the plans. You could fly from Barcelona to Leeds return with Jet2 for €46 over the holiday period. The journey from Leeds to London or wherever via National express - not expensive esp if over 60

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top